Heavy defeat on court for Watton
Watton Squash Club's team had a heavy 20-4 defeat against in-form East Anglia IV.After the previous week's home win over fellow strugglers Broadland, Watton faced a different prospect when they entertained in-form East Anglia IV.
Watton Squash Club's team had a heavy 20-4 defeat against in-form East Anglia IV.
After the previous week's home win over fellow strugglers Broadland, Watton faced a different prospect when they entertained in-form East Anglia IV.
Kevin Blake struggled from the off and went down 9-3, 9-3, 9-0 in straight games.
Dev Mahatme lost the first 9-3 but fought back to take the next two 9-2, 9-1.The third was close with Dev just losing out 9-7 then the decider was much the same with Dev again edged out 9-7, to go down 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
John Needham was outclassed despite a good effort in the third and went down 9-3, 9-3, 9-6 in straight games.
Despite a decent performance Chris Haythorpe's poor run continued when he was also outclassed and went down 9-1, 9-3, 9-7.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 5 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
First-string Paul Goodchild looked in good nick despite losing the first 9-3, when he levelled taking the second 9-1.
Paul recovered from losing a tight third 9-7 to clinch the fourth 10-8 and force a decider. Unfortunately the effort took its toll with Paul fading after a 3-0 lead to lose it 9-3 and go down 3-2.
The next match is a tricky away trip to Cromer.