Heavy defeat on court for Watton
Watton Squash Club's team had a heavy 20-4 defeat against in-form East Anglia IV.After the previous week's home win over fellow strugglers Broadland, Watton faced a different prospect when they entertained in-form East Anglia IV.
Watton Squash Club's team had a heavy 20-4 defeat against in-form East Anglia IV.
After the previous week's home win over fellow strugglers Broadland, Watton faced a different prospect when they entertained in-form East Anglia IV.
Kevin Blake struggled from the off and went down 9-3, 9-3, 9-0 in straight games.
Dev Mahatme lost the first 9-3 but fought back to take the next two 9-2, 9-1.The third was close with Dev just losing out 9-7 then the decider was much the same with Dev again edged out 9-7, to go down 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
John Needham was outclassed despite a good effort in the third and went down 9-3, 9-3, 9-6 in straight games.
Despite a decent performance Chris Haythorpe's poor run continued when he was also outclassed and went down 9-1, 9-3, 9-7.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
First-string Paul Goodchild looked in good nick despite losing the first 9-3, when he levelled taking the second 9-1.
Paul recovered from losing a tight third 9-7 to clinch the fourth 10-8 and force a decider. Unfortunately the effort took its toll with Paul fading after a 3-0 lead to lose it 9-3 and go down 3-2.
The next match is a tricky away trip to Cromer.