Heavy defeat on court for Watton
Watton Squash Club's team had a heavy 20-4 defeat against in-form East Anglia IV.After the previous week's home win over fellow strugglers Broadland, Watton faced a different prospect when they entertained in-form East Anglia IV.
Watton Squash Club's team had a heavy 20-4 defeat against in-form East Anglia IV.
After the previous week's home win over fellow strugglers Broadland, Watton faced a different prospect when they entertained in-form East Anglia IV.
Kevin Blake struggled from the off and went down 9-3, 9-3, 9-0 in straight games.
Dev Mahatme lost the first 9-3 but fought back to take the next two 9-2, 9-1.The third was close with Dev just losing out 9-7 then the decider was much the same with Dev again edged out 9-7, to go down 3-2.
John Needham was outclassed despite a good effort in the third and went down 9-3, 9-3, 9-6 in straight games.
Despite a decent performance Chris Haythorpe's poor run continued when he was also outclassed and went down 9-1, 9-3, 9-7.
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Council saluted by RSPCA for its care of stray animals
First-string Paul Goodchild looked in good nick despite losing the first 9-3, when he levelled taking the second 9-1.
Paul recovered from losing a tight third 9-7 to clinch the fourth 10-8 and force a decider. Unfortunately the effort took its toll with Paul fading after a 3-0 lead to lose it 9-3 and go down 3-2.
The next match is a tricky away trip to Cromer.