Haverhill Borough 3 Swaffham Town 0
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town first team and reserves both went down to disappointing 3-0 defeats last weekend.
The first team lost out at Haverhill Borough in the league whilst the reserves were undone by Long Stratton in the Norfolk Junior Cup.
Both games had little to get excited about from a Swaffham perspective and the poor playing surface at New Croft made it difficult to play a passing brand of football.
Paul Hunt's squad have a period to rest, recover and review as they are without a fixture this Saturday. The reserves are back to normal business, at home to Costessey Sports in the league, kick off 2.30pm.
In better news the Under 18s enjoyed a well-fought 3-2 victory away to Soham Town Rangers on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
This Thursday they are home to Fakenham Town, kick off 7.45pm.
The Hospital Cup commenced last week as Sporle took the initiative, beating Gayton 2-1 in a well matched and entertaining fixture. This week sees a break for the competition with the action due to start again on November 4 when Necton take on Narborough before Great Massingham entertain Swaffham Town on November 6.
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 7 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney