Haverhill Borough 3 Swaffham Town 0
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town first team and reserves both went down to disappointing 3-0 defeats last weekend.
The first team lost out at Haverhill Borough in the league whilst the reserves were undone by Long Stratton in the Norfolk Junior Cup.
Both games had little to get excited about from a Swaffham perspective and the poor playing surface at New Croft made it difficult to play a passing brand of football.
Paul Hunt's squad have a period to rest, recover and review as they are without a fixture this Saturday. The reserves are back to normal business, at home to Costessey Sports in the league, kick off 2.30pm.
In better news the Under 18s enjoyed a well-fought 3-2 victory away to Soham Town Rangers on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
This Thursday they are home to Fakenham Town, kick off 7.45pm.
The Hospital Cup commenced last week as Sporle took the initiative, beating Gayton 2-1 in a well matched and entertaining fixture. This week sees a break for the competition with the action due to start again on November 4 when Necton take on Narborough before Great Massingham entertain Swaffham Town on November 6.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages