Haverhill Borough 3 Swaffham Town 0
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town first team and reserves both went down to disappointing 3-0 defeats last weekend.
The first team lost out at Haverhill Borough in the league whilst the reserves were undone by Long Stratton in the Norfolk Junior Cup.
Both games had little to get excited about from a Swaffham perspective and the poor playing surface at New Croft made it difficult to play a passing brand of football.
Paul Hunt's squad have a period to rest, recover and review as they are without a fixture this Saturday. The reserves are back to normal business, at home to Costessey Sports in the league, kick off 2.30pm.
In better news the Under 18s enjoyed a well-fought 3-2 victory away to Soham Town Rangers on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
This Thursday they are home to Fakenham Town, kick off 7.45pm.
The Hospital Cup commenced last week as Sporle took the initiative, beating Gayton 2-1 in a well matched and entertaining fixture. This week sees a break for the competition with the action due to start again on November 4 when Necton take on Narborough before Great Massingham entertain Swaffham Town on November 6.
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 7 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected