Haverhill Borough 3 Swaffham Town 0
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town first team and reserves both went down to disappointing 3-0 defeats last weekend.
The first team lost out at Haverhill Borough in the league whilst the reserves were undone by Long Stratton in the Norfolk Junior Cup.
Both games had little to get excited about from a Swaffham perspective and the poor playing surface at New Croft made it difficult to play a passing brand of football.
Paul Hunt's squad have a period to rest, recover and review as they are without a fixture this Saturday. The reserves are back to normal business, at home to Costessey Sports in the league, kick off 2.30pm.
In better news the Under 18s enjoyed a well-fought 3-2 victory away to Soham Town Rangers on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
This Thursday they are home to Fakenham Town, kick off 7.45pm.
The Hospital Cup commenced last week as Sporle took the initiative, beating Gayton 2-1 in a well matched and entertaining fixture. This week sees a break for the competition with the action due to start again on November 4 when Necton take on Narborough before Great Massingham entertain Swaffham Town on November 6.
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months