Gorleston 3 Swaffham Town 0 – Tough week for Pedlars
- Credit: Eddie Deane
It's been a tough week for Swaffham after they suffered with injuries and player availability due to work commitments.
A gritty performance from an understrength first team on Friday evening away to Gorleston, saw a 3-0 defeat – the score not a true reflection on the game.
Many of the Greens' followers and players commented that the Pedlars deserved something from an entertaining fixture after a good performance.
The fact that the man of the match award went to the Gorleston keeper provided evidence of this.
This Saturday sees the Pedlars entertain FC Broxbourne Borough in the first round proper of the FA Vase, kick-off is at 3pm, please make every effort to get behind the boys for this very special occasion.
You may also want to watch:
No better luck back at the Lane, the reserves going down 5-2 to Mattishall Reserves.
Toby Millward scored the goal of the game, running onto a full volley and blasting past the keeper.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
The other Pedlars' goal was gifted by the opposition. This Saturday they host Beccles Caxton.
Similar luck for the A team, a 5-0 defeat at Shipdham but a good team performance under difficult conditions, both on and off of the field.
The Under 18s are in action on Thursday evening, Sheringham visit Shoemakers Lane in the Thurlow Nunn North Division, 7.45pm kick-off.
Finally, the players and committee wish club stalwart Tony Sparrow a speedy recovery after his recent illness and hope to see him continuing his much appreciated contribution to club activities in the very near future.