Good win for Watton
AFTER the previous week's home victory Watton Squash Club's team travelled to North Walsham to Division Two opponents Rossi. They gained a well-deserved 15-9 victory - and hope to continue the momentum in the next match, against Diss.
AFTER the previous week's home victory Watton Squash Club's team travelled to North Walsham to Division Two opponents Rossi.
They gained a well-deserved 15-9 victory - and hope to continue the momentum in the next match, against Diss.
Dev Mahatme started slowly losing the first 9-2 and was trailing 7-0 in the second before mounting a fightback. He stole it 9-7, then comfortably the third 9-0 and remained in control taking the fourth 9-2 to for a 3-1 win.
Kevin Blake was dominant, winning 9-4, 10-8, 9-6 in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
An out-of-sorts Chris Haythorpe lost the first two 9-1, 9-6 before getting in to the match. He took the third 9-4 and went 7-4 up in the fourth.
Chris also had game points but couldn't close it out losing the fourth 10-8 to go down 3-1.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Bobby Hunt lost a prolonged first 9-4 before taking the next two 9-1, 9-1 to go 2-1 up. The fourth went to 8-8 with Bobby squandering match point, losing it 10-9. Bobby regained control in the decider, taking it 9-2 to win 3-2.
First-string Paul Goodchild played well but was outclassed, going down 10-8, 10-8, 9-5 in straight games.