Good win for Watton
AFTER the previous week's home victory Watton Squash Club's team travelled to North Walsham to Division Two opponents Rossi. They gained a well-deserved 15-9 victory - and hope to continue the momentum in the next match, against Diss.
AFTER the previous week's home victory Watton Squash Club's team travelled to North Walsham to Division Two opponents Rossi.
They gained a well-deserved 15-9 victory - and hope to continue the momentum in the next match, against Diss.
Dev Mahatme started slowly losing the first 9-2 and was trailing 7-0 in the second before mounting a fightback. He stole it 9-7, then comfortably the third 9-0 and remained in control taking the fourth 9-2 to for a 3-1 win.
Kevin Blake was dominant, winning 9-4, 10-8, 9-6 in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
An out-of-sorts Chris Haythorpe lost the first two 9-1, 9-6 before getting in to the match. He took the third 9-4 and went 7-4 up in the fourth.
Chris also had game points but couldn't close it out losing the fourth 10-8 to go down 3-1.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
Bobby Hunt lost a prolonged first 9-4 before taking the next two 9-1, 9-1 to go 2-1 up. The fourth went to 8-8 with Bobby squandering match point, losing it 10-9. Bobby regained control in the decider, taking it 9-2 to win 3-2.
First-string Paul Goodchild played well but was outclassed, going down 10-8, 10-8, 9-5 in straight games.