Fresh start begins to take shape for Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Preparations for the new Thurlow Nunn Premier Division are continuing on and off the pitch for Swaffham Town.
Pre-season training under new manager Rob Taylor are already under way and improvements to the facilities at Shoemakers Lane are also taking shape.
The new stand will soon be completed thanks to the hard work of volunteers supporting the club and Taylor is preparing his side for the first friendly fixtures of pre-season.
The former Manchester City and Gillingham striker starts his preparations for the league season with two fixtures against Anglian Combination teams.
First up is last season's Premier Division champions Acle United, at a venue yet to be confirmed, on Saturday, July 9 (3pm). That is followed by a trip to Division One side Bradenham Wanderers on Tuesday, July 12 (6.45pm) and then a first home game on Tuesday, July 19 (7.45pm) against Thurlow Nunn First Division team Downham Town.
Another Anglian Combination Premier team follows when St Andrews visit Shoemakers Lane on Tuesday, July 26 (7.45pm). Norwich City's under-19 shadow squad will then follow suit on Tuesday, August 2 (7.45pm).
News of Matt Parkinson's exit to become manager of Dereham Town Reserves was confirmed earlier this month and Scott Lumsden, who jointly managed the Pedlars with Parkinson last season, has now also found a new role after taking over as manager of Wells Town in Division Two of the Anglian Combination.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 5 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 9 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 10 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
Swaffham's reserves will again compete in Division Three and have also announced their plans.
They start against Leverington on July 16, with the match being played at Terrington. A trip to Yelverton follows on July 23, before playing away to Terrington on July 28. August 3 takes the reserves to Terrington again, to face Clenchwarton, before a trip to Holt on August 6.