Fresh start begins to take shape for Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Preparations for the new Thurlow Nunn Premier Division are continuing on and off the pitch for Swaffham Town.
Pre-season training under new manager Rob Taylor are already under way and improvements to the facilities at Shoemakers Lane are also taking shape.
The new stand will soon be completed thanks to the hard work of volunteers supporting the club and Taylor is preparing his side for the first friendly fixtures of pre-season.
The former Manchester City and Gillingham striker starts his preparations for the league season with two fixtures against Anglian Combination teams.
First up is last season's Premier Division champions Acle United, at a venue yet to be confirmed, on Saturday, July 9 (3pm). That is followed by a trip to Division One side Bradenham Wanderers on Tuesday, July 12 (6.45pm) and then a first home game on Tuesday, July 19 (7.45pm) against Thurlow Nunn First Division team Downham Town.
You may also want to watch:
Another Anglian Combination Premier team follows when St Andrews visit Shoemakers Lane on Tuesday, July 26 (7.45pm). Norwich City's under-19 shadow squad will then follow suit on Tuesday, August 2 (7.45pm).
News of Matt Parkinson's exit to become manager of Dereham Town Reserves was confirmed earlier this month and Scott Lumsden, who jointly managed the Pedlars with Parkinson last season, has now also found a new role after taking over as manager of Wells Town in Division Two of the Anglian Combination.
- 1 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
Swaffham's reserves will again compete in Division Three and have also announced their plans.
They start against Leverington on July 16, with the match being played at Terrington. A trip to Yelverton follows on July 23, before playing away to Terrington on July 28. August 3 takes the reserves to Terrington again, to face Clenchwarton, before a trip to Holt on August 6.