Focus on Shoemakers Lane
With Swaffham first team's fixture falling foul of the weather, a waterlogged pitch at Halstead, all attention was focused at Shoemakers Lane.
The early kick-off had the A-team entertaining Gressenhall.
The hosts took the initiative and took the lead through a Lee Cheesmur headed goal and for most of the first half had the better opportunities.
Gressenhall equalised before half-time and early in the second half took the lead.
Their third goal came on the stroke of time.
You may also want to watch:
Final score Swaffham Town A 1, Gressenhall 3.
Swaffham Reserves played Martham on the main pitch.
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 7 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
The Pedlars took the lead through Matthew Coe, the visitors equalised, Coe then claimed his second of the afternoon, fine finishing following a break.
Martham again came back, 2-2 at half time.
Swaffham further took the lead, a great solo run and finish from Captain, Robbie Howling. In the last minute of normal time,
Martham again equalised but following the restart, a through ball pounced on by Nathan Clarke to beat two and shoot past the keeper, Swaffham taking all three points, The final score was Swaffham Town Reserves 4, Martham 3.
The next action at Shoemakers Lane is Thursday, the U18's taking on Central Division leaders, Newmarket Town, kick off 7.45pm.
Next Saturday, the First Team travel to Essex to play Saffron Walden Town in the Ridgeons First Division, kick off 3pm.
The Reserves and 'A' Team are again both at home, entertaining Freethorpe and Bunwell respectively, both kick off at 2pm.