Focus on Shoemakers Lane
With Swaffham first team's fixture falling foul of the weather, a waterlogged pitch at Halstead, all attention was focused at Shoemakers Lane.
The early kick-off had the A-team entertaining Gressenhall.
The hosts took the initiative and took the lead through a Lee Cheesmur headed goal and for most of the first half had the better opportunities.
Gressenhall equalised before half-time and early in the second half took the lead.
Their third goal came on the stroke of time.
Final score Swaffham Town A 1, Gressenhall 3.
Swaffham Reserves played Martham on the main pitch.
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 8 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 9 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The Pedlars took the lead through Matthew Coe, the visitors equalised, Coe then claimed his second of the afternoon, fine finishing following a break.
Martham again came back, 2-2 at half time.
Swaffham further took the lead, a great solo run and finish from Captain, Robbie Howling. In the last minute of normal time,
Martham again equalised but following the restart, a through ball pounced on by Nathan Clarke to beat two and shoot past the keeper, Swaffham taking all three points, The final score was Swaffham Town Reserves 4, Martham 3.
The next action at Shoemakers Lane is Thursday, the U18's taking on Central Division leaders, Newmarket Town, kick off 7.45pm.
Next Saturday, the First Team travel to Essex to play Saffron Walden Town in the Ridgeons First Division, kick off 3pm.
The Reserves and 'A' Team are again both at home, entertaining Freethorpe and Bunwell respectively, both kick off at 2pm.