First win for Watton
WATTON notched up their first victory of the season with a tight one-wicket win over Diss B. Having elected to field first, Watton's opening bowlers bowled at pace to take early wickets.
WATTON notched up their first victory of the season with a tight one-wicket win over Diss B.
Having elected to field first, Watton's opening bowlers bowled at pace to take early wickets. Joe Norman (3-25) and Paul Norman (2-27) quickly made inroads into Diss' top order.
The change bowlers continued to dominate the visiting team finally bowling out Diss for 97 in the 41st over.
Special mention to 11-year-old Will Oakey, taking two wickets on his debut.
In reply, Watton looked comfortable chasing down their low target reaching 72-4 after 20 overs. However, some canny bowling from Diss spinner Merrick instigated a mid-order collapse, reducing Watton to nine wickets down still requiring four to win.
Fortunately for the home side, Paul Seguss spanked a cover drive for four runs to take Watton home.
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days