First win for Watton
WATTON notched up their first victory of the season with a tight one-wicket win over Diss B. Having elected to field first, Watton's opening bowlers bowled at pace to take early wickets.
WATTON notched up their first victory of the season with a tight one-wicket win over Diss B.
Having elected to field first, Watton's opening bowlers bowled at pace to take early wickets. Joe Norman (3-25) and Paul Norman (2-27) quickly made inroads into Diss' top order.
The change bowlers continued to dominate the visiting team finally bowling out Diss for 97 in the 41st over.
Special mention to 11-year-old Will Oakey, taking two wickets on his debut.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Watton looked comfortable chasing down their low target reaching 72-4 after 20 overs. However, some canny bowling from Diss spinner Merrick instigated a mid-order collapse, reducing Watton to nine wickets down still requiring four to win.
Fortunately for the home side, Paul Seguss spanked a cover drive for four runs to take Watton home.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village