Festive fun at Swaffham GC
Julie Proctor, Swaffham Golf Club's new lady captain, held her drive-in and fun competition just before the Christmas break. The ladies, dressed in seasonal fashion, competed in a nine hole stableford competition that was then followed by lunch.
Julie Proctor, Swaffham Golf Club's new lady captain, held her drive-in and fun competition just before the Christmas break.
The ladies, dressed in seasonal fashion, competed in a nine hole stableford competition that was then followed by lunch.
The fairways echoed with “ho ho ho's” and jingle bells, with a great time being had by all.
Lady captain Julie was delighted with her day. The drive in raised £129 for Julie's chosen charity which this year is the Diabetic Association for Children.
You may also want to watch:
The eagerly-awaited drive was 143 yards and the prize hamper was won by Ann Ewer.
Julie welcomed the “golden girls” to the lunch and then presented the prizes of the day.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
The competition was a two-tee start nine holes and so there were prizes for each nine holes.
The winners were Sandra Bennington and Sheila Scragg with the runners-up being Julie Proctor and Di Smith. The morning ended happily with all the ladies wishing Julie well for her year in office.