Festive fun at Swaffham GC
Julie Proctor, Swaffham Golf Club's new lady captain, held her drive-in and fun competition just before the Christmas break. The ladies, dressed in seasonal fashion, competed in a nine hole stableford competition that was then followed by lunch.
Julie Proctor, Swaffham Golf Club's new lady captain, held her drive-in and fun competition just before the Christmas break.
The ladies, dressed in seasonal fashion, competed in a nine hole stableford competition that was then followed by lunch.
The fairways echoed with “ho ho ho's” and jingle bells, with a great time being had by all.
Lady captain Julie was delighted with her day. The drive in raised £129 for Julie's chosen charity which this year is the Diabetic Association for Children.
You may also want to watch:
The eagerly-awaited drive was 143 yards and the prize hamper was won by Ann Ewer.
Julie welcomed the “golden girls” to the lunch and then presented the prizes of the day.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 6 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
The competition was a two-tee start nine holes and so there were prizes for each nine holes.
The winners were Sandra Bennington and Sheila Scragg with the runners-up being Julie Proctor and Di Smith. The morning ended happily with all the ladies wishing Julie well for her year in office.