Festive fun at Swaffham GC
Julie Proctor, Swaffham Golf Club's new lady captain, held her drive-in and fun competition just before the Christmas break. The ladies, dressed in seasonal fashion, competed in a nine hole stableford competition that was then followed by lunch.
Julie Proctor, Swaffham Golf Club's new lady captain, held her drive-in and fun competition just before the Christmas break.
The ladies, dressed in seasonal fashion, competed in a nine hole stableford competition that was then followed by lunch.
The fairways echoed with “ho ho ho's” and jingle bells, with a great time being had by all.
Lady captain Julie was delighted with her day. The drive in raised £129 for Julie's chosen charity which this year is the Diabetic Association for Children.
You may also want to watch:
The eagerly-awaited drive was 143 yards and the prize hamper was won by Ann Ewer.
Julie welcomed the “golden girls” to the lunch and then presented the prizes of the day.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
The competition was a two-tee start nine holes and so there were prizes for each nine holes.
The winners were Sandra Bennington and Sheila Scragg with the runners-up being Julie Proctor and Di Smith. The morning ended happily with all the ladies wishing Julie well for her year in office.