Fahy on fire for Saham
Saham Toney claimed the honours when they visited Mundford for a Norfolk Alliance Division Two match.Batting first, G Maxwell got Saham off to a quick-fire start by scoring 33 before being brilliantly caught and bowled by D McColl.
Saham Toney claimed the honours when they visited Mundford for a Norfolk Alliance Division Two match.
Batting first, G Maxwell got Saham off to a quick-fire start by scoring 33 before being brilliantly caught and bowled by D McColl.
Saham soon found themselves in trouble at 76-5 and then 98-6, but recovered to post an excellent score of 230-9 off their 46 overs.
The old heads within the side led the recovery, but the innings was built around a splendid 91 from D Fahy, which included 16 fours and a six.
You may also want to watch:
He fell nine short of a well-deserved century when he was bowled in the penultimate over. He shared two 50-plus partnerships with I Lovick (19) and W Dyer (25).
A Bailey claimed the bowling honours for Mundford, taking 4-44, while P Yates took 1-78, D McColl 2-47 and M Allsopp 2-59.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Saham soon had Mundford in trouble when their innings began, thanks to an excellent opening spell from W and T Smart, which reduced Mundford to 17-4.
All of Saham's bowlers produced the goods as Mundford were all out for 119.
W Smart was the most successful, bowling an excellent spell of 4-39, while T Smart claimed 1-11, G Maxwell 1-27, I Lovick 2-13, S Mower 2-9.
W Dyer and G Leggett both bowled super spells without any reward.
This week Saham host North Runcton A on Saturday and visit Cromer on Sunday in the Stan Biss Rose Bowl.
Saham U15 continued their good form with a seven-wicket win over Garboldisham.