Fahy on fire for Saham
Saham Toney claimed the honours when they visited Mundford for a Norfolk Alliance Division Two match.Batting first, G Maxwell got Saham off to a quick-fire start by scoring 33 before being brilliantly caught and bowled by D McColl.
Saham Toney claimed the honours when they visited Mundford for a Norfolk Alliance Division Two match.
Batting first, G Maxwell got Saham off to a quick-fire start by scoring 33 before being brilliantly caught and bowled by D McColl.
Saham soon found themselves in trouble at 76-5 and then 98-6, but recovered to post an excellent score of 230-9 off their 46 overs.
The old heads within the side led the recovery, but the innings was built around a splendid 91 from D Fahy, which included 16 fours and a six.
You may also want to watch:
He fell nine short of a well-deserved century when he was bowled in the penultimate over. He shared two 50-plus partnerships with I Lovick (19) and W Dyer (25).
A Bailey claimed the bowling honours for Mundford, taking 4-44, while P Yates took 1-78, D McColl 2-47 and M Allsopp 2-59.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
Saham soon had Mundford in trouble when their innings began, thanks to an excellent opening spell from W and T Smart, which reduced Mundford to 17-4.
All of Saham's bowlers produced the goods as Mundford were all out for 119.
W Smart was the most successful, bowling an excellent spell of 4-39, while T Smart claimed 1-11, G Maxwell 1-27, I Lovick 2-13, S Mower 2-9.
W Dyer and G Leggett both bowled super spells without any reward.
This week Saham host North Runcton A on Saturday and visit Cromer on Sunday in the Stan Biss Rose Bowl.
Saham U15 continued their good form with a seven-wicket win over Garboldisham.