Fahy on fire for Saham
Saham Toney claimed the honours when they visited Mundford for a Norfolk Alliance Division Two match.Batting first, G Maxwell got Saham off to a quick-fire start by scoring 33 before being brilliantly caught and bowled by D McColl.
Saham Toney claimed the honours when they visited Mundford for a Norfolk Alliance Division Two match.
Batting first, G Maxwell got Saham off to a quick-fire start by scoring 33 before being brilliantly caught and bowled by D McColl.
Saham soon found themselves in trouble at 76-5 and then 98-6, but recovered to post an excellent score of 230-9 off their 46 overs.
The old heads within the side led the recovery, but the innings was built around a splendid 91 from D Fahy, which included 16 fours and a six.
He fell nine short of a well-deserved century when he was bowled in the penultimate over. He shared two 50-plus partnerships with I Lovick (19) and W Dyer (25).
A Bailey claimed the bowling honours for Mundford, taking 4-44, while P Yates took 1-78, D McColl 2-47 and M Allsopp 2-59.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 7 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 8 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 9 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Saham soon had Mundford in trouble when their innings began, thanks to an excellent opening spell from W and T Smart, which reduced Mundford to 17-4.
All of Saham's bowlers produced the goods as Mundford were all out for 119.
W Smart was the most successful, bowling an excellent spell of 4-39, while T Smart claimed 1-11, G Maxwell 1-27, I Lovick 2-13, S Mower 2-9.
W Dyer and G Leggett both bowled super spells without any reward.
This week Saham host North Runcton A on Saturday and visit Cromer on Sunday in the Stan Biss Rose Bowl.
Saham U15 continued their good form with a seven-wicket win over Garboldisham.