Fab results for young athletes
YOUNG athletes from Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk Schools championships on Saturday at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich. There were some fantastic results for Thetford's youngsters representing their respective schools, with many personal best performances.
YOUNG athletes from Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk Schools championships on Saturday at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
There were some fantastic results for Thetford's youngsters representing their respective schools, with many personal best performances.
In the junior girls Grace Humby improved on her long jump to produce a pb of 3.96m and had a good run in the 800m with a time of 2:35.
Megan Norry ran well in the intermediate girls 1500m to cross the line in 5:36.1.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Tyler, competing in the senior girls 400m finished in 66.8 seconds.
Four boys competed in the intermediate section; Joe Kirton was pleased with a pb in the 3000m of 10:15.9 and Will Davies had a splendid day with pbs in both the 100m (11.3) and 200m (24.4).
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 7 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Ryan Skipp improved his personal best at 200m with an excellent time of 22.9, which will see him move up the UK rankings and finished the 400m in a respectable 52.4.
Jonny Mead ran very well to finish the 1500m in a pb time of 4:38.4.
Their tremendous performances qualified many to compete for Norfolk in the Anglian Schools competition at Grantham next weekend.
They were Grace Humby in the 800m, Megan Norry in the 1500m, Lucy Tyler in the 400m, Joe Kirton in the 3000m, Ryan Skipp in both 200 and 400m and Jonny Mead in the 1500m.