Fab results for young athletes
YOUNG athletes from Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk Schools championships on Saturday at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich. There were some fantastic results for Thetford's youngsters representing their respective schools, with many personal best performances.
YOUNG athletes from Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk Schools championships on Saturday at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
There were some fantastic results for Thetford's youngsters representing their respective schools, with many personal best performances.
In the junior girls Grace Humby improved on her long jump to produce a pb of 3.96m and had a good run in the 800m with a time of 2:35.
Megan Norry ran well in the intermediate girls 1500m to cross the line in 5:36.1.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Tyler, competing in the senior girls 400m finished in 66.8 seconds.
Four boys competed in the intermediate section; Joe Kirton was pleased with a pb in the 3000m of 10:15.9 and Will Davies had a splendid day with pbs in both the 100m (11.3) and 200m (24.4).
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 7 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Ryan Skipp improved his personal best at 200m with an excellent time of 22.9, which will see him move up the UK rankings and finished the 400m in a respectable 52.4.
Jonny Mead ran very well to finish the 1500m in a pb time of 4:38.4.
Their tremendous performances qualified many to compete for Norfolk in the Anglian Schools competition at Grantham next weekend.
They were Grace Humby in the 800m, Megan Norry in the 1500m, Lucy Tyler in the 400m, Joe Kirton in the 3000m, Ryan Skipp in both 200 and 400m and Jonny Mead in the 1500m.