Emily tries (and succeeds) on debut
EMILY Davis, from Watton, had an impressive first game for Saracens U15 Girls on Sunday.She scored two tries on her debut for the North London club in a 30-5 league match win against Middlesex Vixens at Grasshoppers RFC's ground in West London.
EMILY Davis, from Watton, had an impressive first game for Saracens U15 Girls on Sunday.
She scored two tries on her debut for the North London club in a 30-5 league match win against Middlesex Vixens at Grasshoppers RFC's ground in West London.
Emily, who usually plays for Swaffham Girls U15, said: 'This was a fantastic opportunity for me to play in a league environment.
'I'd like to thank the Saracens coach for extending me the invitation and also my coaches at Swaffham Rugby Club, Eastern Counties RFU and East Region for getting me to a standard where I could achieve this level of rugby.'
You may also want to watch:
A Swaffham RUFC spokesperson said: 'It is testament to Emily's abilities and determination to succeed at her sport that she continues to improve year on year.
'She has also been inducted to the Herts School of Rugby this season which is the first step on the Elite Player Pathway - remarkable considering that she only started playing the game three years ago.'
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 9 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 10 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
He added: 'With other players now entering the Leicester Tigers squads and academy, this further highlights the club's continuing policy of developing young players, and giving them further opportunities within the rugby community when the time is right for them.'
Emily returns to action locally this Sunday at Wymondham RFC's Tuttles Lane ground when she turns out for the Eastern Counties U15 squad against Essex.
She pointed out that any girls with an interest in playing rugby at any standard should go along to watch the game and introduce themselves to the coaching staff.
Alternatively, they could click on swaffhamrugby.com and follow the links via the girls' section to the Eastern Counties girls blogsite, contact the coaching team by email or phone Jackie on 01953 456105 and find out where their local girls' squad can be found.