Eight out of eight for Watton
DIVISION Five leaders Watton faced second-placed Aldborough A on Saturday hoping to extend their lead at the halfway point of the season.Aldborough A won the toss and decided to field first in warm and humid conditions.
DIVISION Five leaders Watton faced second-placed Aldborough A on Saturday hoping to extend their lead at the halfway point of the season.
Aldborough A won the toss and decided to field first in warm and humid conditions.
This proved to be a mistake as Watton's openers set about Aldborough's bowling attack.
Paul Norman played a typical attacking innings on his way to 60.
You may also want to watch:
Bruno Norman replace Paul Norman at the fall of the third wicket and carried on where is uncle left off blasting the ball to all parts of the ground. His innings of 95 runs included five sixes and 13 fours.
Watton's innings closed in the 44th over as the lower order chased quick runs setting a target of 266 to win.
- 1 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 3 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 4 Seven wonders of Watton
- 5 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 6 Pub wins award for services to community in lockdown
- 7 Friends save dog grooming business after owner's death
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas
- 10 Covid marshals could be used outside schools to stem spread of virus
After tea, Aldborough's batsmen made a poor start losing two quick wickets, Gavin Norman (2 for 20) and Joe Norman (2 for 42) mad life difficult for the batsmen. Armiger (55 runs) stabilised the innings, but Aldborough were already too far behind the run rate to worry Watton.
Aldborough batted out their allotted 45 overs but were a long way short of their target, Watton made it eight wins out of eight completed matched by a margin of 77 runs.
This weekend, Watton host third-placed Old Catton A.