Early Christmas presents for Swaffham students after grading exams
- Credit: Submitted
Kickboxers from the Fighting Fit Academy in Swaffham have taken on their gruelling last grading exam of the year.
The club had its grand master, Mark J R Trent, attending and guest instructor Josh Trent, from Scorpion Martial Arts Academy in Suffolk.
The duo were joined on the instructor grading panel by SM Peter Parker-Colman, senior instructor Jon Macfarlane, senior instructor Hass Asker and assistant instructor Emma Macfarlane, with instructor Lucy Young and assistant instructor Chris Payne working the floor.
Club Students who were all successful in passing their coloured belt exams were:
Yellow belt: Charlie Spurling, Rowan Knight, Rhys Mills.
You may also want to watch:
Green belt: Becky Spells, Melissa Moulton, Elena Moulton.
Blue belt: Hallie Gladd, James Buckenham, Will Butters.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Red belt: Val Warner, Fliss Smith, Kevin Mills, Richard Kemp, Robbie Syer, Paul Knight.
Red belt/black stripe: Dan Taylor
Also awarded to the club was the Working Martial Art Certificate of Excellence, which was achieved by making sure all aspects of a safe correct training and teaching environment were in place. This includes all relevant paper work qualifications that should be present when teaching martial arts. Grand master Trent awarded the club with the award.
Instructor Jon Macfarlane also received his cornermans diploma certificate.
Senior master Parker-Colman said: 'I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the club instructors for making this possible, without your support this couldn't have been achieved, and a huge well done to all students who showed true fighting spirit in passing their exams.'
The club will be fighting again at the UCMMA Contenders cage show in Norwich in February.
Training will start again from January 5, with an opportunity for a new beginners class for anyone interested. For more information about the club, search for Fighting Fit Academy on Facebook.