Early Christmas presents for Swaffham students after grading exams
- Credit: Submitted
Kickboxers from the Fighting Fit Academy in Swaffham have taken on their gruelling last grading exam of the year.
The club had its grand master, Mark J R Trent, attending and guest instructor Josh Trent, from Scorpion Martial Arts Academy in Suffolk.
The duo were joined on the instructor grading panel by SM Peter Parker-Colman, senior instructor Jon Macfarlane, senior instructor Hass Asker and assistant instructor Emma Macfarlane, with instructor Lucy Young and assistant instructor Chris Payne working the floor.
Club Students who were all successful in passing their coloured belt exams were:
Yellow belt: Charlie Spurling, Rowan Knight, Rhys Mills.
You may also want to watch:
Green belt: Becky Spells, Melissa Moulton, Elena Moulton.
Blue belt: Hallie Gladd, James Buckenham, Will Butters.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Red belt: Val Warner, Fliss Smith, Kevin Mills, Richard Kemp, Robbie Syer, Paul Knight.
Red belt/black stripe: Dan Taylor
Also awarded to the club was the Working Martial Art Certificate of Excellence, which was achieved by making sure all aspects of a safe correct training and teaching environment were in place. This includes all relevant paper work qualifications that should be present when teaching martial arts. Grand master Trent awarded the club with the award.
Instructor Jon Macfarlane also received his cornermans diploma certificate.
Senior master Parker-Colman said: 'I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the club instructors for making this possible, without your support this couldn't have been achieved, and a huge well done to all students who showed true fighting spirit in passing their exams.'
The club will be fighting again at the UCMMA Contenders cage show in Norwich in February.
Training will start again from January 5, with an opportunity for a new beginners class for anyone interested. For more information about the club, search for Fighting Fit Academy on Facebook.