Disappointment for Pedlars
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday. Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday.
Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
Ipswich were awarded a questionable penalty in the 55th minute which was pushed to the post by keeper Steven Norris, the ensuing scrimmage for the ball saw a player from each side being shown red and bizarrely a goal awarded for what appeared a sure foul on the young goal keeper.
Further frustration followed in a game which on the most was played hard but fairly by both sides with cautions being issued too readily.
A further red card saw Pedlars captain Setchell leave the field for abusive language for questioning a further decision.
Swaffham again make the journey eastwards this Saturday and visit Harwich and Parkeston.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 6 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
The reserves were unfortunate away to Hellesdon losing 3-2 and the A team were convincing victors at Rockland United winning 0-5.
This weekend both reserves and A-teams are at home, hosting Thetford Rovers and Mulbarton respectively.