Disappointment for Pedlars
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday. Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday.
Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
Ipswich were awarded a questionable penalty in the 55th minute which was pushed to the post by keeper Steven Norris, the ensuing scrimmage for the ball saw a player from each side being shown red and bizarrely a goal awarded for what appeared a sure foul on the young goal keeper.
Further frustration followed in a game which on the most was played hard but fairly by both sides with cautions being issued too readily.
You may also want to watch:
A further red card saw Pedlars captain Setchell leave the field for abusive language for questioning a further decision.
Swaffham again make the journey eastwards this Saturday and visit Harwich and Parkeston.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
The reserves were unfortunate away to Hellesdon losing 3-2 and the A team were convincing victors at Rockland United winning 0-5.
This weekend both reserves and A-teams are at home, hosting Thetford Rovers and Mulbarton respectively.