Disappointment for Pedlars
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday. Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday.
Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
Ipswich were awarded a questionable penalty in the 55th minute which was pushed to the post by keeper Steven Norris, the ensuing scrimmage for the ball saw a player from each side being shown red and bizarrely a goal awarded for what appeared a sure foul on the young goal keeper.
Further frustration followed in a game which on the most was played hard but fairly by both sides with cautions being issued too readily.
You may also want to watch:
A further red card saw Pedlars captain Setchell leave the field for abusive language for questioning a further decision.
Swaffham again make the journey eastwards this Saturday and visit Harwich and Parkeston.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
The reserves were unfortunate away to Hellesdon losing 3-2 and the A team were convincing victors at Rockland United winning 0-5.
This weekend both reserves and A-teams are at home, hosting Thetford Rovers and Mulbarton respectively.