Disappointment for Pedlars
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday. Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
A DISAPPOINTING 1-0 defeat for Swaffham away to Ipswich Wanderers this Saturday.
Swaffham had opportunities in the first half but did not capitalise on them.
Ipswich were awarded a questionable penalty in the 55th minute which was pushed to the post by keeper Steven Norris, the ensuing scrimmage for the ball saw a player from each side being shown red and bizarrely a goal awarded for what appeared a sure foul on the young goal keeper.
Further frustration followed in a game which on the most was played hard but fairly by both sides with cautions being issued too readily.
You may also want to watch:
A further red card saw Pedlars captain Setchell leave the field for abusive language for questioning a further decision.
Swaffham again make the journey eastwards this Saturday and visit Harwich and Parkeston.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 Owners of family-run high street store retire after 30 years
The reserves were unfortunate away to Hellesdon losing 3-2 and the A team were convincing victors at Rockland United winning 0-5.
This weekend both reserves and A-teams are at home, hosting Thetford Rovers and Mulbarton respectively.