Des strikes gold for Swaffham
SUNDAY saw a busy day for Swaffham RUFC's mini and youth sections. The Under-16s played hosted Spalding and in a match hailed has their best performance of the season defeated the visitors 26-5.
SUNDAY saw a busy day for Swaffham RUFC's mini and youth sections.
The Under-16s played hosted Spalding and in a match hailed has their best performance of the season defeated the visitors 26-5. This was a display of forward power coupled by clinical finishing from the backs.
Whilst the Under-16s were busy securing their final game of the season the rest of the mini and youth sections were handing out their end of season awards. The mini section (Under-seven to Under-12) packed out the club house and recognised the success these young players have achieved over the season.
The Under-13 and Under-15 held their end-of-season reviews out side and were awarded new training shirts. The Under-14 were on tour in Lincoln.
You may also want to watch:
The club also recognised the efforts of one of its youngest volunteers. Des Lloyd, is its youngest Level One qualified coach and this year has been responsible for starting up a Colts team from scratch this year to help with the transition from youth rugby to senior rugby. The Colts have been a huge success and rounded off their season by storming to victory in the West Norfolk Sevens last weekend. Des also coaches the Under-12 team at the club as well as helping with mid-week training for the Under-13. The RFU have awarded him the gold volunteers award in recognition of the amount of time and effort he has given the game.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 3 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched