Derby time for Saham
Saham Toney entertain Bradenham on Saturday in a league local derby and Fakenham on Sunday, both 1pm starts.Saham entertained Norwich and Coltishall Wanders and recorded an excellent 14-run win.
Saham Toney entertain Bradenham on Saturday in a league local derby and Fakenham on Sunday, both 1pm starts.
Saham entertained Norwich and Coltishall Wanders and recorded an excellent 14-run win.
Batting first, Saham soon found themselves in trouble at 14 for two after some excellent opening bowling from the visitors.
A Wood and D Fahy got things back on track with a 51-run partnership, but at 112 for five, Saham were in a tight corner.
You may also want to watch:
However, A Wood carried on his excellent form and batted nearly through the innings, scoring a superb 84. He received support from W Dyer (38) as they put on 82 for the sixth wicket and enabled the Saham innings to close on 195 for eight off their 46 overs.
J Elliott was the pick of the visitors' bowlers claiming 4-39 off his 12 overs.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
The visitors started their response briskly, scoring at a good rate before W Dyer and W Smart both got a wicket.
Skipper S Mower then turned to his spin triplets of P Sims, I Lovick and himself and between them they bowled 33 overs and claimed eight wickets for 98 runs.
With the scoring rate being slowed and wickets taken at regular intervals, Norwich batsmen were forced to go for their shots. Saham's fielders backed up their bowlers superbly with ground fielding and catches of the highest order.
D Fahy took three catches, two of which were top drawer, with the third removing Norwich's overseas player B Bragge, who had scored an excellent 72.
P Sims took the bowling honours for Saham with a brilliant spell of 8.4-2-26-4 with S Mower claiming 2-39 and I Lovick 2-33 off their 12 overs.