Derby defeat extends losing run for Swaffham Town
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town's struggles continued with a 6-2 derby defeat at Thetford, extending their losing streak to six matches.
Thetford settled first on a heavy pitch with a difficult cross wind at Mundford Road, scoring in the 22nd minute through Ian Fancett and then Robbie Priddle doubling the score 14 minutes later.
The game was back on three minutes from the break when Alex Vincent was put through by Damian Skolorzynski, to bring the score back to 2-1 with a textbook finish, passing the ball across the keeper to net in the left-hand corner.
The home side came out from the break all guns blazing and scored their third goal four minutes into the new half through Fancett, who then scored a free-kick in the 60th minute, before Ryan Pearson made it 5-1 four minutes later.
Jack Defty got his name on the score-sheet for the Pedlars, heading home from six yards, Alex Vincent providing the accurate assisting cross in the 66th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford put their icing on the cake in the 77th minute, with Olly Standley making it 6-2 on the day.
The defeat left Swaffham in 14th place in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, with Thetford closing to within three places and five points.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 4 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
There was similar fortune for Swaffham Reserves in Division Three of the Anglian Combination, with a 5-0 home defeat to Long Stratton Reserves. On Saturday the reserves are away to Freethorpe.
Swaffham Under-18s were casualties of the weather but hope to continue their good league form on Thursday, Horsford the visitors, kick-off 7.45pm.
On Sunday the veterans are away to North Walsham Town Old Boys in the Norfolk County Veterans League First Division.
• The Pedlars hosted Kirkley & Pakefield in the Premier Division last night and went down to a 3-0 loss. On Saturday they host Mildenhall Town, who are up to 10th after a 4-0 defeat of Thetford.