Danger zone for Watton
Watton Squash Club's first team entertained Division One opponents Potters. Vince Somers fought back after losing the first to level at one game all.
Watton Squash Club's first team entertained Division One opponents Potters.
Vince Somers fought back after losing the first to level at one game all.
Unfortunately, he faded thereafter, losing the next two to go down 3-1. Ian Thompson just lost out 10-8 in the first and also lost the second. Ian hit back to take the third, but fatigue set in, with Ian losing the next to go down 3-1.
Despite losing the first, Steve Rudd fought back well to storm the next three games, coming through 3-1, his first win of the season. Watton were still in it as Jonathan Pearson went two games up.
Thereafter it was downhill, as he lost the next three to lose out 3-2.
First-string Simon Howling ran out of steam, going down 3-0 in straight games, with Watton sliding to an 18-7 defeat and a place in the bottom two relegation places.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 6 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k
Next up, the return match away at Potters, with Watton desperately needing a turnaround.