Crisis time at Brandon CC
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.
Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
She said: 'We had to concede three games last season because we couldn't get enough players. If we can't get some players and a new captain it will close.
'I have tried to talk to people but they don't want to know, so I thought I would contact the paper to see if that would work.'
You may also want to watch:
There is time pressure on the Suffolk club, which was formed over 40 years ago, as the league has to be informed by the end of the month if Brandon are going to pull out.
'It's an adult team which plays at the Remembrance Playing Field, but a lot of youngsters have got involved over the past few years,' explained Clark.
- 1 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 2 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 5 Seven wonders of Watton
- 6 Find out which two books changed this investor's approach to retirement planning
- 7 Where in Norfolk can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
She is working hard to try and stop the club folding: 'I have been involved in the club for 27 or 28 years as tea lady, scorer,' she said.
'I wouldn't be very happy after all the work I have done for it. If Brandon isn't going, I wouldn't want to score for anyone else,' she added.
If anybody can be of any assistance, they should contact Christine Clark on 01842 811746 or email christine.clark51@btopen