Crisis time at Brandon CC
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.
Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
She said: 'We had to concede three games last season because we couldn't get enough players. If we can't get some players and a new captain it will close.
'I have tried to talk to people but they don't want to know, so I thought I would contact the paper to see if that would work.'
You may also want to watch:
There is time pressure on the Suffolk club, which was formed over 40 years ago, as the league has to be informed by the end of the month if Brandon are going to pull out.
'It's an adult team which plays at the Remembrance Playing Field, but a lot of youngsters have got involved over the past few years,' explained Clark.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
She is working hard to try and stop the club folding: 'I have been involved in the club for 27 or 28 years as tea lady, scorer,' she said.
'I wouldn't be very happy after all the work I have done for it. If Brandon isn't going, I wouldn't want to score for anyone else,' she added.
If anybody can be of any assistance, they should contact Christine Clark on 01842 811746 or email christine.clark51@btopen