Crisis time at Brandon CC
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.
Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
She said: 'We had to concede three games last season because we couldn't get enough players. If we can't get some players and a new captain it will close.
'I have tried to talk to people but they don't want to know, so I thought I would contact the paper to see if that would work.'
You may also want to watch:
There is time pressure on the Suffolk club, which was formed over 40 years ago, as the league has to be informed by the end of the month if Brandon are going to pull out.
'It's an adult team which plays at the Remembrance Playing Field, but a lot of youngsters have got involved over the past few years,' explained Clark.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
She is working hard to try and stop the club folding: 'I have been involved in the club for 27 or 28 years as tea lady, scorer,' she said.
'I wouldn't be very happy after all the work I have done for it. If Brandon isn't going, I wouldn't want to score for anyone else,' she added.
If anybody can be of any assistance, they should contact Christine Clark on 01842 811746 or email christine.clark51@btopen