Creditable finish for Watton
WATTON completed their winter fixtures with a trip to Broadland.Captain Kevin Blake had an extremely tough first game and despite having game points at 8-6 he eventually lost it 10-8.
WATTON completed their winter fixtures with a trip to Broadland.
Captain Kevin Blake had an extremely tough first game and despite having game points at 8-6 he eventually lost it 10-8. Kevin then had to retire injured in the next conceding 3-0 in straight games.
Dev Mahatme made a slow start losing the first 9-4. He then stepped up and took the next three 9-4 9-2 9-3 to come through 3-1.
Martin Pearce took the first 9-3 and a close second 10-8 before his opponent made a fight of it, taking the third 9-5, and fourth 9-3 to force a decider. Martin took it 9-6 to win 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Perry lost the first easily and despite a brave effort lost the next 10-8.
The third went to 8-8 all with Tim nicking it 10-8. He then faded losing the fourth 9-5 to go down 3-1.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Martin Guppy never got going and went down 9-3 9-1 9-1 in straight games.
Overall it was a 17-7 Watton defeat. However the team have finished a creditable fourth in division two.
With several players unavailable, Watton are looking to enter a new team in division three this summer. The club is on the lookout for new players and this division would be an ideal introduction for anyone wishing to experience team squash at a competitive but friendly level.
Teams consist of four or five players, with a best of five games match against the opposition. Contact Kevin Blake on 01953 493394.