Creditable finish for Watton
WATTON completed their winter fixtures with a trip to Broadland.Captain Kevin Blake had an extremely tough first game and despite having game points at 8-6 he eventually lost it 10-8.
WATTON completed their winter fixtures with a trip to Broadland.
Captain Kevin Blake had an extremely tough first game and despite having game points at 8-6 he eventually lost it 10-8. Kevin then had to retire injured in the next conceding 3-0 in straight games.
Dev Mahatme made a slow start losing the first 9-4. He then stepped up and took the next three 9-4 9-2 9-3 to come through 3-1.
Martin Pearce took the first 9-3 and a close second 10-8 before his opponent made a fight of it, taking the third 9-5, and fourth 9-3 to force a decider. Martin took it 9-6 to win 3-2.
Tim Perry lost the first easily and despite a brave effort lost the next 10-8.
The third went to 8-8 all with Tim nicking it 10-8. He then faded losing the fourth 9-5 to go down 3-1.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 5 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 6 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 9 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 10 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
Martin Guppy never got going and went down 9-3 9-1 9-1 in straight games.
Overall it was a 17-7 Watton defeat. However the team have finished a creditable fourth in division two.
With several players unavailable, Watton are looking to enter a new team in division three this summer. The club is on the lookout for new players and this division would be an ideal introduction for anyone wishing to experience team squash at a competitive but friendly level.
Teams consist of four or five players, with a best of five games match against the opposition. Contact Kevin Blake on 01953 493394.