Creditable finish for Watton
WATTON completed their winter fixtures with a trip to Broadland.Captain Kevin Blake had an extremely tough first game and despite having game points at 8-6 he eventually lost it 10-8.
WATTON completed their winter fixtures with a trip to Broadland.
Captain Kevin Blake had an extremely tough first game and despite having game points at 8-6 he eventually lost it 10-8. Kevin then had to retire injured in the next conceding 3-0 in straight games.
Dev Mahatme made a slow start losing the first 9-4. He then stepped up and took the next three 9-4 9-2 9-3 to come through 3-1.
Martin Pearce took the first 9-3 and a close second 10-8 before his opponent made a fight of it, taking the third 9-5, and fourth 9-3 to force a decider. Martin took it 9-6 to win 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Perry lost the first easily and despite a brave effort lost the next 10-8.
The third went to 8-8 all with Tim nicking it 10-8. He then faded losing the fourth 9-5 to go down 3-1.
- 1 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 2 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 3 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 10 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
Martin Guppy never got going and went down 9-3 9-1 9-1 in straight games.
Overall it was a 17-7 Watton defeat. However the team have finished a creditable fourth in division two.
With several players unavailable, Watton are looking to enter a new team in division three this summer. The club is on the lookout for new players and this division would be an ideal introduction for anyone wishing to experience team squash at a competitive but friendly level.
Teams consist of four or five players, with a best of five games match against the opposition. Contact Kevin Blake on 01953 493394.