Cracking start for Watton
Watton first team got off to a superb start in the summer squash league against Cromer in Division 1A.Vince Somers won 3-1 with Steve Rudd and Jonathan Pearson both winning 3-0.
Watton first team got off to a superb start in the summer squash league against Cromer in Division 1A.
Vince Somers won 3-1 with Steve Rudd and Jonathan Pearson both winning 3-0. Simon Howling came from 2-1 down to win 3-2 and seal a 16-3 victory.
Watton Two travelled to Division 1B opponents Barnham Broom Three, with Chris Haythorpe taking the first 9-7.
Chris lost the next two 9-5, 9-3, before taking the fourth 10-8 and comfortably took the decider 9-4 to win 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Blake won 9-5, 9-7, 9-7.
Bobby Hunt lost the first 9-4 but took the next two 9-2, 9-5.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
He lost the fourth 9-4 but cruised the fifth 9-2 to win 3-2.
First-string Paul Goodchild was ruthless, winning 9-1, 9-3, 9-2 in straight games, with Watton taking a 16-4 victory.