Court win for Watton
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss. Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five.
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss.
Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five. Kevin Blake was involved in the most competitive tie of the night, just edging a close first 10-9.
The second was also nip and tuck with Kevin taking it 9-7. His opponent hung in grimly in the third nicking it 10-9. Kevin then regained control taking the fourth 9-5 to come through 3-1. Chris Haythorpe was never troubled in a 9-3, 9-3, 9-3 straight game win. Bobby Hunt was just as impressive coming through 9-6, 9-3, 9-1, also in straight games.
First string Paul Goodchild's tough season continued with another 6-9, 6-9, 1-9 defeat.
Overall however a 17-4 Watton victory.
Next up Beccles at home.
- 1 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 2 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 5 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 6 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit