Court win for Watton
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss. Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five.
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss.
Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five. Kevin Blake was involved in the most competitive tie of the night, just edging a close first 10-9.
The second was also nip and tuck with Kevin taking it 9-7. His opponent hung in grimly in the third nicking it 10-9. Kevin then regained control taking the fourth 9-5 to come through 3-1. Chris Haythorpe was never troubled in a 9-3, 9-3, 9-3 straight game win. Bobby Hunt was just as impressive coming through 9-6, 9-3, 9-1, also in straight games.
First string Paul Goodchild's tough season continued with another 6-9, 6-9, 1-9 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Overall however a 17-4 Watton victory.
Next up Beccles at home.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral