Court win for Watton
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss. Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five.
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss.
Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five. Kevin Blake was involved in the most competitive tie of the night, just edging a close first 10-9.
The second was also nip and tuck with Kevin taking it 9-7. His opponent hung in grimly in the third nicking it 10-9. Kevin then regained control taking the fourth 9-5 to come through 3-1. Chris Haythorpe was never troubled in a 9-3, 9-3, 9-3 straight game win. Bobby Hunt was just as impressive coming through 9-6, 9-3, 9-1, also in straight games.
First string Paul Goodchild's tough season continued with another 6-9, 6-9, 1-9 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Overall however a 17-4 Watton victory.
Next up Beccles at home.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out