Court win for Watton
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss. Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five.
WATTON Squash Club hoped to continue their climb up the Division Two table when they entertained Diss.
Their opponents only had four players so conceded a 3-0 walkover at five. Kevin Blake was involved in the most competitive tie of the night, just edging a close first 10-9.
The second was also nip and tuck with Kevin taking it 9-7. His opponent hung in grimly in the third nicking it 10-9. Kevin then regained control taking the fourth 9-5 to come through 3-1. Chris Haythorpe was never troubled in a 9-3, 9-3, 9-3 straight game win. Bobby Hunt was just as impressive coming through 9-6, 9-3, 9-1, also in straight games.
First string Paul Goodchild's tough season continued with another 6-9, 6-9, 1-9 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Overall however a 17-4 Watton victory.
Next up Beccles at home.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term