Cons lead billiards league
In the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League Gaywood Cons lead the table after a close 2-1 away win at West Acre A. Wins for Daniel Drew over Alex Ward and Chris Drew over Bruce Welham secured the result.
In the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League Gaywood Cons lead the table after a close 2-1 away win at West Acre A.
Wins for Daniel Drew over Alex Ward and Chris Drew over Bruce Welham secured the result.
West Acre B lost 2-1 away to Narborough A with Danny O'Brien's excellent new pb score of 150 being the highlight.
A very well done to Danny on this achievement.
You may also want to watch:
Praise must also go to Matt Hubbard who increased his best score to 52, well done to him.
Meanwhile, in a rearranged game Acre A beat Narborough B 2-1 away with Alex Ward and Bruce Welham defeating Jasmin Cainey and Jack Crisp respectively.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
Bruce played very well here, recording breaks of 35 and 66, the league's new highest break, to defeat Jack by two points, who himself scored a praiseworthy total of 90 points in this 30-minute game.
Gaywood then went down 2-1 to Narborough B with wins by only two points for both Ryan Williams and Jack Crisp, while Dan Westwood scored very well again (137 pts) to defeat Jasmin Cainey to claim the league leader's sole point. Surely it is only a matter of time before Dan knocks in a big 150-plus score.
Narborough A gained a 3-0 win over Acre C, as did Acre A this week, while in a rearranged game Narborough A beat Acre A 2-1 with Andy Mundford and captain
Mat Hubbard winning for the home team and Mel Barnett claiming Acre A's sole win.
Well done to all players who have improved their pbs and best breaks this week. Bruce Welham of West Acre A's 66 and 261 are the league's highest break and score to date while Jack Crisp's 111 is the highest score by a player under 14 years of age.
Nominations for February's award will close on February 23.
Player of the month for February nominees: Scott Jarvis, Danny O'Brien, Mat Hubbard, Bruce Welham.
In the Swaffham Veterans' League, a good 3-0 home win for Swaffham Ex-Serviceman saw them move second in the league behind their opponents Thetford.
A good win for Mick Miles over Norman Arthur helped to ensure the result, however a 3-0 home win for the Oddballs over Gaywood Cons helped them to keep their first place in the league.