Boost for Brecks' promotion bid
BRECKS Bowls Club played second-placed Dereham A and moved above them with a good win by 80-64 (6-1). With only two games to go there is a good chance of promotion to Division Two.
BRECKS Bowls Club played second-placed Dereham A and moved above them with a good win by 80-64 (6-1).
With only two games to go there is a good chance of promotion to Division Two.
Scores: M Rutter, G Hollowood, W Pattee, J Wright won 25-10; D Beattie, A Smith, L Robinson, D Betts lost 14-20; D Peaks, G Mealing, J Gardner, P Scott won 23-18; B Mosby, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers won 18-16.
In the top 10 competition Brecks lost to Acle (2-5).
In the singles P Scott lost 9-21. In the pairs T Bingham and B Mosby won 22-12. In the triples M Rutter, W Pattee, D Betts won 20-19 after being 4-19 down and in the fours D Peaks, G Mealing, J Gardner, M Struthers lost 11-29.
Playing the Norfolk vice-presidents in a friendly the Brecks had a comfortable win 135-97.
- 1 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 2 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 5 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 6 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
Scores: C Branch, A Lacey, T Bingham, M Struthers won 23-15; M Robinson, T Scott, B Mosby, P Scott won 31-9; P Lacey, E Melton, G Bradshaw, D Betts lost 19-20; P Struthers, D Branch, D Peaks, D Kay lost 15-16; A Melton, G Hollwood, W Pattee, L Robinson won 25-16; M Burrows, V Gibson, M Rutter, J Gardner won 22-21.