Boost for Brecks' promotion bid
BRECKS Bowls Club played second-placed Dereham A and moved above them with a good win by 80-64 (6-1). With only two games to go there is a good chance of promotion to Division Two.
BRECKS Bowls Club played second-placed Dereham A and moved above them with a good win by 80-64 (6-1).
With only two games to go there is a good chance of promotion to Division Two.
Scores: M Rutter, G Hollowood, W Pattee, J Wright won 25-10; D Beattie, A Smith, L Robinson, D Betts lost 14-20; D Peaks, G Mealing, J Gardner, P Scott won 23-18; B Mosby, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers won 18-16.
In the top 10 competition Brecks lost to Acle (2-5).
You may also want to watch:
In the singles P Scott lost 9-21. In the pairs T Bingham and B Mosby won 22-12. In the triples M Rutter, W Pattee, D Betts won 20-19 after being 4-19 down and in the fours D Peaks, G Mealing, J Gardner, M Struthers lost 11-29.
Playing the Norfolk vice-presidents in a friendly the Brecks had a comfortable win 135-97.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 6 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
Scores: C Branch, A Lacey, T Bingham, M Struthers won 23-15; M Robinson, T Scott, B Mosby, P Scott won 31-9; P Lacey, E Melton, G Bradshaw, D Betts lost 19-20; P Struthers, D Branch, D Peaks, D Kay lost 15-16; A Melton, G Hollwood, W Pattee, L Robinson won 25-16; M Burrows, V Gibson, M Rutter, J Gardner won 22-21.