Boost for Brecks' promotion bid
BRECKS Bowls Club played second-placed Dereham A and moved above them with a good win by 80-64 (6-1). With only two games to go there is a good chance of promotion to Division Two.
BRECKS Bowls Club played second-placed Dereham A and moved above them with a good win by 80-64 (6-1).
With only two games to go there is a good chance of promotion to Division Two.
Scores: M Rutter, G Hollowood, W Pattee, J Wright won 25-10; D Beattie, A Smith, L Robinson, D Betts lost 14-20; D Peaks, G Mealing, J Gardner, P Scott won 23-18; B Mosby, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers won 18-16.
In the top 10 competition Brecks lost to Acle (2-5).
In the singles P Scott lost 9-21. In the pairs T Bingham and B Mosby won 22-12. In the triples M Rutter, W Pattee, D Betts won 20-19 after being 4-19 down and in the fours D Peaks, G Mealing, J Gardner, M Struthers lost 11-29.
Playing the Norfolk vice-presidents in a friendly the Brecks had a comfortable win 135-97.
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Council saluted by RSPCA for its care of stray animals
Scores: C Branch, A Lacey, T Bingham, M Struthers won 23-15; M Robinson, T Scott, B Mosby, P Scott won 31-9; P Lacey, E Melton, G Bradshaw, D Betts lost 19-20; P Struthers, D Branch, D Peaks, D Kay lost 15-16; A Melton, G Hollwood, W Pattee, L Robinson won 25-16; M Burrows, V Gibson, M Rutter, J Gardner won 22-21.