Big victory for Swaffham Town away at Stowmarket
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town are now four matches unbeaten in the Thurlow Nunn First Division, after a rampant display away at Stowmarket.
Paul Hunt's side scored eight goals to remain in the promotion hunt in fourth place in the table, with plenty of games in hand on the teams above them.
The opening goal came in the 10th minute when Alex Vincent lashed in from 25 yards, beating the home keeper to net in the bottom left-hand corner. Vincent added to his tally nine minutes later, the keeper beating down his effort for the striker to round him and finish.
The hosts pulled one back but Nick Castellan's driving side-footed lob from 25 yards made it 3-1 in the 26th minute.
With five minutes to go in the half, Matthew Castellan put through Vincent to claim his hat-trick, sliding his strike past the keeper for 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
The Pedlars then kept their foot on the pedal in the second half, with further goals from Mark Allibone, Vincent with a long-range effort for his fourth, Joe Jackson and Rory Harper completing the rout.
Stowmarket did score a consolation in the closing minutes of the game but the damage was done and Swaffham finished with an 8-2 victory.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to struggling Cornard United, near Sudbury, who are just a point off the bottom with only three wins from their 23 matches so far this season.
Reserves go top
Swaffham Town Reserves have reclaimed top spot in Division Three of the Almary Green Anglian Combination.
The Pedlars won their top-of-the-table clash with Mattishall Reserves 2-0 at Shoemakers Lane, with Luke Reed scoring both goals.
This Saturday it is third-placed Norwich CEYMS Reserves who travel to Swaffham to face the leaders.