Big victory for Swaffham Town away at Stowmarket
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town are now four matches unbeaten in the Thurlow Nunn First Division, after a rampant display away at Stowmarket.
Paul Hunt's side scored eight goals to remain in the promotion hunt in fourth place in the table, with plenty of games in hand on the teams above them.
The opening goal came in the 10th minute when Alex Vincent lashed in from 25 yards, beating the home keeper to net in the bottom left-hand corner. Vincent added to his tally nine minutes later, the keeper beating down his effort for the striker to round him and finish.
The hosts pulled one back but Nick Castellan's driving side-footed lob from 25 yards made it 3-1 in the 26th minute.
With five minutes to go in the half, Matthew Castellan put through Vincent to claim his hat-trick, sliding his strike past the keeper for 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
The Pedlars then kept their foot on the pedal in the second half, with further goals from Mark Allibone, Vincent with a long-range effort for his fourth, Joe Jackson and Rory Harper completing the rout.
Stowmarket did score a consolation in the closing minutes of the game but the damage was done and Swaffham finished with an 8-2 victory.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to struggling Cornard United, near Sudbury, who are just a point off the bottom with only three wins from their 23 matches so far this season.
Reserves go top
Swaffham Town Reserves have reclaimed top spot in Division Three of the Almary Green Anglian Combination.
The Pedlars won their top-of-the-table clash with Mattishall Reserves 2-0 at Shoemakers Lane, with Luke Reed scoring both goals.
This Saturday it is third-placed Norwich CEYMS Reserves who travel to Swaffham to face the leaders.