Better start for Watton
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.
In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain. The ladies will be striving for their first win in the next match against Swaffham.
The men are playing in the EBA County League Central Three. Their first three matches have produced two good wins. In the Bales Cup they progressed through the first round by defeating Harling Rec at home before going out by losing away to Honingham, from the Central One League.
The club has also been represented in the Norfolk County Pairs and Triples competitions.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ashill and District League Watton have entered three teams, which has fully stretched their resources. However the results are very encouraging.
The A-team has recorded four wins out of four matches, the B-team two wins from four, and the C-team in their fourth match a very creditable four points in a drawn match at Mattishall.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
The club holds an open evening on Fridays at 6pm for anybody interested in playing bowls. All are welcome.