Better start for Watton
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.
In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain. The ladies will be striving for their first win in the next match against Swaffham.
The men are playing in the EBA County League Central Three. Their first three matches have produced two good wins. In the Bales Cup they progressed through the first round by defeating Harling Rec at home before going out by losing away to Honingham, from the Central One League.
The club has also been represented in the Norfolk County Pairs and Triples competitions.
In the Ashill and District League Watton have entered three teams, which has fully stretched their resources. However the results are very encouraging.
The A-team has recorded four wins out of four matches, the B-team two wins from four, and the C-team in their fourth match a very creditable four points in a drawn match at Mattishall.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 4 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 5 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
The club holds an open evening on Fridays at 6pm for anybody interested in playing bowls. All are welcome.