Better start for Watton
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.
In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain. The ladies will be striving for their first win in the next match against Swaffham.
The men are playing in the EBA County League Central Three. Their first three matches have produced two good wins. In the Bales Cup they progressed through the first round by defeating Harling Rec at home before going out by losing away to Honingham, from the Central One League.
The club has also been represented in the Norfolk County Pairs and Triples competitions.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ashill and District League Watton have entered three teams, which has fully stretched their resources. However the results are very encouraging.
The A-team has recorded four wins out of four matches, the B-team two wins from four, and the C-team in their fourth match a very creditable four points in a drawn match at Mattishall.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
The club holds an open evening on Fridays at 6pm for anybody interested in playing bowls. All are welcome.