Better start for Watton
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club, after the disappointing results last year, has started the new season in much better shape and form.
In the Breckland Ladies' League only two matches have taken place, one of which was curtailed by heavy rain. The ladies will be striving for their first win in the next match against Swaffham.
The men are playing in the EBA County League Central Three. Their first three matches have produced two good wins. In the Bales Cup they progressed through the first round by defeating Harling Rec at home before going out by losing away to Honingham, from the Central One League.
The club has also been represented in the Norfolk County Pairs and Triples competitions.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ashill and District League Watton have entered three teams, which has fully stretched their resources. However the results are very encouraging.
The A-team has recorded four wins out of four matches, the B-team two wins from four, and the C-team in their fourth match a very creditable four points in a drawn match at Mattishall.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
The club holds an open evening on Fridays at 6pm for anybody interested in playing bowls. All are welcome.