Ben Squire fighting to be fit for Snetterton races
- Credit: Submitted
Watton speed merchant Ben Squire is battling to be fit to race at Snetterton this weekend.
The 25-year-old is racing motorbikes in the No Limits Racing Series, in the Metzler Newcomer 1000s.
Squire, who rides a Kawasaki Ninja, explained: 'I had my first race at Oulton Park on March 25-26, I qualified 18th and finished 17th, in my next race I started seventh and got up to fourth before an unfortunate incident has seen my break my hand, a rib and finger!
'I had qualifying again before that for my two races in the afternoon and managed to put it on pole, but my weekend ended before I got the chance to run from the front.
'I have my next race at our local circuit, Snetterton, on the 16th and 17th of this month and I'm hoping to be fit enough to ride and at least get some points!'
You may also want to watch:
Squire is still looking for fresh sponsorship for the new campaign.
He can be contacted at www.facebook.com/Squireracing64.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region