Ben Squire fighting to be fit for Snetterton races
- Credit: Submitted
Watton speed merchant Ben Squire is battling to be fit to race at Snetterton this weekend.
The 25-year-old is racing motorbikes in the No Limits Racing Series, in the Metzler Newcomer 1000s.
Squire, who rides a Kawasaki Ninja, explained: 'I had my first race at Oulton Park on March 25-26, I qualified 18th and finished 17th, in my next race I started seventh and got up to fourth before an unfortunate incident has seen my break my hand, a rib and finger!
'I had qualifying again before that for my two races in the afternoon and managed to put it on pole, but my weekend ended before I got the chance to run from the front.
'I have my next race at our local circuit, Snetterton, on the 16th and 17th of this month and I'm hoping to be fit enough to ride and at least get some points!'
You may also want to watch:
Squire is still looking for fresh sponsorship for the new campaign.
He can be contacted at www.facebook.com/Squireracing64.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney