Annakin shines for Swaffham A
Eighteen of the Lucas Fettes Norfolk League's 40 fixtures were victims of the rain at the weekend.Highest score of the day was Reepham & Salle's 300 for six in Division Eight against visitors Blundeston A.
Eighteen of the Lucas Fettes Norfolk League's 40 fixtures were victims of the rain at the weekend.
Highest score of the day was Reepham & Salle's 300 for six in Division Eight against visitors Blundeston A. Paul Minns hit 93, Simon Harwood 73 and Danny Tipple 52no as they won by 184 runs.
Meanwhile, in the West Norfolk League Sandringham bowled out Hayley East Anglia for 107 and won by five wickets. Springwood moved out of the relegation zone by beating Terr-ington. Springwood scored
154-7 with Nick Osborne taking 4-32. Terrington were all out for 117.
You may also want to watch:
Swanton Morley eased further away from the drop with victory against Snettisham. Jonny Bidewell scored 69 out of 215-6. Opener Tony Park, 71no, carried his bat as Snettisham replied with 152 with Nathan Raines taking 4-41.
In Division Two, The Creakes reached 160, Steve Hudson 4-32. Paul Matthews took 5-30 as Sheringham were bowled out for 87. That extended their lead over Denver to six points, who bowled out Fakenham A for 130 and won by six wickets.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
Thornham, against Downham B, scored 172-5 in 40 overs then bowled Downham out for 111. That put 29 points between them and Heacham, who lost again. Castle Acre scored 153, Heacham 120-9.
In Division Three, Narborough A had the better of Snettisham by 17 runs. Narborough A batted first and scored 121-4. In reply, Snettisham A were bowled out for 104.
Beetley's James Perkins took 6-14 as Necton could only manage 75. Beetley easily chased down the runs to record a 10-wicket victory.
Swaffham A's David Annakin, 5-19, and Phil Balls, 4-9, did the damage as Swanton Morley A were bowled out for 115. Swaffham A knocked off the runs for the loss of four wickets. Gayton were awarded a walkover against Grimston A.