All set for fab day at Swaffham Raceway
Darren Legrice from Norwich starts about the defence of his bangers Gold Roof Champonship at Swaffham Raceway this Sunday.
Legrice beat the region's top banger drivers to win the title at the Norfolk circuit last August. This campaign will see drivers contest eight qualifying rounds, this Sunday's being the first, with the top points scorers making the big race in September.
Four other formulas are on a packed bill, all of them racing for the first time this season. Thetford's Geoff Pallett will be looking to successfully defend his points title in the street stocks.
This slow budget stock car class was last year's success story with plenty of cars and entertainment.
Pallett will face some stiff opposition from the likes of Lee Petherick and Steve Copland (both Norwich), Kings Lynn's Damien Choppen and new winter points champion Max Stoodley (Bury St Edmunds).
You may also want to watch:
Following a winter break the drivers in the two non-contact classes are raring to take off with the Norwich pairing of Gavin Nicholls and Steve Riches both looking to retain their points titles in their respective classes; mondeo rods and stock rods. Completing the line-up are the junior bangers where the youngsters will have a vacant crown to race for after defending champion, Jamie Plane from Great Yarmouth, reached 16 years of age which has meant a switch to an adult class.
Racing gets under way at 1.30pm, admission costs �10 adults/�5 young adults and OAPs and children (under 7) are free.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Further details can be found on the website at www.swaffhamraceway.com