All set for fab day at Swaffham Raceway
Darren Legrice from Norwich starts about the defence of his bangers Gold Roof Champonship at Swaffham Raceway this Sunday.
Legrice beat the region's top banger drivers to win the title at the Norfolk circuit last August. This campaign will see drivers contest eight qualifying rounds, this Sunday's being the first, with the top points scorers making the big race in September.
Four other formulas are on a packed bill, all of them racing for the first time this season. Thetford's Geoff Pallett will be looking to successfully defend his points title in the street stocks.
This slow budget stock car class was last year's success story with plenty of cars and entertainment.
Pallett will face some stiff opposition from the likes of Lee Petherick and Steve Copland (both Norwich), Kings Lynn's Damien Choppen and new winter points champion Max Stoodley (Bury St Edmunds).
Following a winter break the drivers in the two non-contact classes are raring to take off with the Norwich pairing of Gavin Nicholls and Steve Riches both looking to retain their points titles in their respective classes; mondeo rods and stock rods. Completing the line-up are the junior bangers where the youngsters will have a vacant crown to race for after defending champion, Jamie Plane from Great Yarmouth, reached 16 years of age which has meant a switch to an adult class.
Racing gets under way at 1.30pm, admission costs �10 adults/�5 young adults and OAPs and children (under 7) are free.
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 8 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 9 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 10 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
Further details can be found on the website at www.swaffhamraceway.com