All set for fab day at Swaffham Raceway
Darren Legrice from Norwich starts about the defence of his bangers Gold Roof Champonship at Swaffham Raceway this Sunday.
Legrice beat the region's top banger drivers to win the title at the Norfolk circuit last August. This campaign will see drivers contest eight qualifying rounds, this Sunday's being the first, with the top points scorers making the big race in September.
Four other formulas are on a packed bill, all of them racing for the first time this season. Thetford's Geoff Pallett will be looking to successfully defend his points title in the street stocks.
This slow budget stock car class was last year's success story with plenty of cars and entertainment.
Pallett will face some stiff opposition from the likes of Lee Petherick and Steve Copland (both Norwich), Kings Lynn's Damien Choppen and new winter points champion Max Stoodley (Bury St Edmunds).
You may also want to watch:
Following a winter break the drivers in the two non-contact classes are raring to take off with the Norwich pairing of Gavin Nicholls and Steve Riches both looking to retain their points titles in their respective classes; mondeo rods and stock rods. Completing the line-up are the junior bangers where the youngsters will have a vacant crown to race for after defending champion, Jamie Plane from Great Yarmouth, reached 16 years of age which has meant a switch to an adult class.
Racing gets under way at 1.30pm, admission costs �10 adults/�5 young adults and OAPs and children (under 7) are free.
- 1 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 6 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 7 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 8 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
Further details can be found on the website at www.swaffhamraceway.com