Swaffham Town put the disappointment of their FA Vase exit behind them on Saturday with a stunning 7-0 win over Wisbech St Mary in Division One North of the Thurlow Nunn League.

The game couldn't have started better for the Pedlars with a goalmouth scramble in the second minute ending with Ryan Pearson firing home.

Six minutes later Joe Jackson shot across the keeper from 12 yards into the right hand bottom corner to double the advantage.

Number three came through Tommy Hunt who fired in from 14 yards into the top left hand corner and Jackson bagged his second in the 34th minute, firing in off the crossbar from 16 yards.

The woodwork had an impact on goal number five in the 56th minute. Alex Vincent's free-kick just outside of the box beat the wall before hitting the left hand post and crossing the goal to hit the right hand post before Pearson ran in to convert from point blank range.

Two minutes later Aiden Sewell crossed from the right wing, the keeper fumbled the ball in his attempt to catch above his head and Vincent was on hand to head home from three yards.

The final goal came with 15 minutes to go when a corner was not cleared to safety and Vincent crossed back into the box from the right, with Matthew Gilchrist mopping up at the back post.

There is another big match for the Pedlars on Saturday when they welcome second placed Mulbarton Wanderers to Shoemakers Lane (3pm). Swaffham are seven points behind their visitors in third position but have four games in hand.

The club's FA Vase dream had died in midweek after a brave show at Stowmarket who rallied from a goal down to reach the last 32 with a 2-1 victory.

The third round replay, which followed a goalless draw at Shoemakers Lane, started well for the visitors who went ahead on 21 minutes through Jackson.

But Rick Andrews' side equalised in the 34th minute when Scott Chaplin swept home and centre-half Sam Nunn climbed high to head home a free-kick with 20 minutes left to seal victory.

Swaffham Reserves clinched a vital three points at home to Earsham with goals from Kurtis Calaby and Sary Rahma sealing a 2-1 victory which maintained their position at top of Anglian Combination Division Three.

The Veterans suffered a 6-1 defeat at home to Hethersett, the consolation goal converted by Alan Palmer from the spot.

There's a tough game at home on Sunday against neighbours Necton.

The Under-18s will also welcome Mulbarton Wanderers to Shoemakers Lane this Thursday evening.