Swaffham Town had a disappointing four days, losing 6-1 to Dereham Town in the semi-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup before going down 4-1 at Lakenheath in the league.

The added pressure of good cup runs appears to be taking its toll in the form of fitness and injury and the Pedlars will be looking for a quick response, with two more big games coming up.

Underdogs Swaffham made a great start to last Wednesday's semi-final at the FDC, Bowthorpe, going ahead after just four minutes through Dean Miller.

However Dereham levelled in the 43rd minute when Adam Smith netted from point-blank range after Rhys Logan's ball from the right and within minutes were in front when Joe Gatting scored with a superb 25-yard left-foot drive.

The Magpies soon increased their lead after the break; Adam Plumstead found Logan on the right with a long ball and he displayed immaculate control before beating Tommy Rix with a low diagonal drive in the 50th minute. Seven minutes later, Gatting turned well and fired home a fierce drive for Dereham's fourth.

On time Gatting produced another 25-yarder to complete his hat-trick and Dereham's fifth. In added time Forshaw added a sixth with a cool finish as the Pedlars tired.

On Saturday a depleted team travel to Lakenheath for their latest Thurlow Nunn League Division One match. They went one down in the 14th minute but equalised 20 minutes later, Ryan Pearson heading home from 10 yards after meeting Nick Castellan's perfectly weighted free-kick.

Swaffham had a few opportunities in the second half but it was the home side who made the most of their's to run out 4-1 winners.

Other results in the league went in favour of the Pedlars although they slipped to fourth in the table below Fakenham Town, who won 1-0 at leaders Harleston while second placed Mulbarton Wanderers were drawing 0-0 at Norwich CBS. Swaffham have as many as four games in hand on the sides above them so are still in a strong position.

On Saturday Leiston Reserves are at Shoemakers Lane and the following Tuesday, Holland are the visitors in the semi-final of the Thurlow Nunn First Division Knock-out Cup.

The Reserves went down 4-2 to Great Yarmouth Town Reserves (Danny Nichols, Blake Stangroome).

On Saturday it's third versus first when the Pedlars travel to Beccles Caxton.

The Under-18s picked up a well deserved point at home to North Walsham Town, with Jak Uppington and Thomas Wagg on the scoresheet.