North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 2 Mum brings youth focus to town hall
- 3 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 4 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 5 Father's touching tattoo tribute to cancer surviving daughter
- 6 'No chance of rescheduling' - July events in jeopardy if lockdown extended
- 7 What are the other options if June 21 'Freedom Day' is cancelled?
- 8 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 9 Delight as restart date confirmed for parkrun events
- 10 Home in medieval 'orange' building drops in price to £85,000