Temperatures could reach 15C in Norfolk on New Year's Day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norfolk could see temperatures reach 15C on New Year's Day - 8C higher than average.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said the days leading up to the new year are going to be mild with some patches of rain and light winds.
Temperatures will then begin to dip from January 2.
A spokesman for Weatherquest said: "It's going to be mild over the course of the week, with temperatures well above average for this time of year.
"The weather will be pretty uniform, with everywhere likely to have similar conditions and temperatures.
"The far west of Norfolk, however, could have slightly warmer weather.
"On Thursday there will be patches of rain and some sunshine. The wind will also be picking up, with some very blustery days."
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Go glamping under the stars in estate's stunning new bell tents
- 3 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 4 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
- 5 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 6 Motorcyclist banned from driving after speeding at 138mph in 50mph zone
- 7 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 8 Chinese restaurant destroyed in high street blaze reopens after two years
- 9 'It's causing carnage' - Homes gutted in large blaze near Swaffham
- 10 Car seized after driver spotted travelling 'all over the road' on A47
The new year will start with highs of 15C but will begin to cool with temperatures of 12C.
The average temperature in Norfolk for this time of year is 7C.
The spokesman added: "New Year's Eve will start out cloudy and is likely to brighten up into the afternoon.
"New Year's Day will be dry with some patches of drizzle which will quickly clear. The evening will contain some rain.
"January 2 will have heavy rain with some sunshine. The temperature will also begin to drop, with next week being cooler."