Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 2 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 3 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 4 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 5 Victim tells how rogue trader conned him out of £10,000
- 6 Mother-of-two's newfound confidence after six-stone weight loss
- 7 Parkruns in Norfolk set to return on June 5 - and junior runs even earlier
- 8 Pub landlord appointed town councillor for Swaffham
- 9 Relief as church VAT changes scrapped for a year
- 10 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls