‘We want to be prepared’ - Swaffham seeks volunteer gritters to keep roads safe
- Credit: citizenside.com
Swaffham is looking for volunteers to help make the town's roads safe in the face of snow fall and icy weather conditions.
The town council is seeking gritters who can help protect roads and ensure that traffic and big events run smoothly throughout the winter period.
Town mayor Jill Skinner said: 'Swaffham is always at its best when the chips are down, and our town owes a debt of gratitude to our many volunteers for everything they do. I see this up close as I travel around the town in my capacity as mayor.
'We need them to do one more thing though, as our luck will run out soon. It will inevitably snow and only then will we see if we have done enough to help our townsfolk go about their business. I hope we have and I have faith in the people of Swaffham that we will.'
Richard Bishop, town clerk, added: 'We don't want to get caught out. We want to be prepared.'
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer, contact the town hall on 01760 722922.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site