‘We want to be prepared’ - Swaffham seeks volunteer gritters to keep roads safe
- Credit: citizenside.com
Swaffham is looking for volunteers to help make the town's roads safe in the face of snow fall and icy weather conditions.
The town council is seeking gritters who can help protect roads and ensure that traffic and big events run smoothly throughout the winter period.
Town mayor Jill Skinner said: 'Swaffham is always at its best when the chips are down, and our town owes a debt of gratitude to our many volunteers for everything they do. I see this up close as I travel around the town in my capacity as mayor.
'We need them to do one more thing though, as our luck will run out soon. It will inevitably snow and only then will we see if we have done enough to help our townsfolk go about their business. I hope we have and I have faith in the people of Swaffham that we will.'
Richard Bishop, town clerk, added: 'We don't want to get caught out. We want to be prepared.'
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer, contact the town hall on 01760 722922.
- 1 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 2 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 3 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 10 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11