‘We want to be prepared’ - Swaffham seeks volunteer gritters to keep roads safe
- Credit: citizenside.com
Swaffham is looking for volunteers to help make the town's roads safe in the face of snow fall and icy weather conditions.
The town council is seeking gritters who can help protect roads and ensure that traffic and big events run smoothly throughout the winter period.
Town mayor Jill Skinner said: 'Swaffham is always at its best when the chips are down, and our town owes a debt of gratitude to our many volunteers for everything they do. I see this up close as I travel around the town in my capacity as mayor.
'We need them to do one more thing though, as our luck will run out soon. It will inevitably snow and only then will we see if we have done enough to help our townsfolk go about their business. I hope we have and I have faith in the people of Swaffham that we will.'
Richard Bishop, town clerk, added: 'We don't want to get caught out. We want to be prepared.'
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer, contact the town hall on 01760 722922.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 6 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term