Wayland Show set for bumper line up
Ben WoodsORGANISERS of the 137th Wayland Agricultural Show have planned another day of family fun and charity fundraising.Ben Woods
ORGANISERS of the 137th Wayland Agricultural Show have planned another day of family fun and charity fundraising.
Renowned as one of the oldest agricultural events, this year's spectacular will feature a bumper line-up of animal displays and theatrical shows when it opens on Sunday August 1, at 10 am, on Brandon Road, Watton.
Highlights for the main arena include the Jive Pony Show, The Bob Hogg Sheepdog Show, and traditional events such as farm animal displays and vintage automobiles.
A new addition for 2010 will see the introduction of a Lifestyle Marquee, where punters can relax with their afternoon tea whilst enjoying a fashion show, cookery demonstrations, and dance performances.
Last year the show raised �7,150 for local charities. The organising committee have already presented a cheque of �10,941 to children's charity, The Nelson Journey, this year.
For more information visit www.waylandshow.com or see a full preview in next week's Watton and Swaffham Times.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 6 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k