Wayland Show set for bumper line up
Ben WoodsORGANISERS of the 137th Wayland Agricultural Show have planned another day of family fun and charity fundraising.Ben Woods
ORGANISERS of the 137th Wayland Agricultural Show have planned another day of family fun and charity fundraising.
Renowned as one of the oldest agricultural events, this year's spectacular will feature a bumper line-up of animal displays and theatrical shows when it opens on Sunday August 1, at 10 am, on Brandon Road, Watton.
Highlights for the main arena include the Jive Pony Show, The Bob Hogg Sheepdog Show, and traditional events such as farm animal displays and vintage automobiles.
A new addition for 2010 will see the introduction of a Lifestyle Marquee, where punters can relax with their afternoon tea whilst enjoying a fashion show, cookery demonstrations, and dance performances.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the show raised �7,150 for local charities. The organising committee have already presented a cheque of �10,941 to children's charity, The Nelson Journey, this year.
For more information visit www.waylandshow.com or see a full preview in next week's Watton and Swaffham Times.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk