Watton Wedding show was a success
- Credit: Archant
It was almost a white wedding in Watton last weekend as a team set up to look at regenerating high streets in market towns and debuted its wedding show.
The Watton Town Team, set up in May 2012, organised the event which had two marquees with businesses from the Wayland area as well as local shops having window displays and offers.
It is the first of a series of events, and an organiser of the show, Jan Godfrey, said despite the weather lots of visitors turned out to plan their big day.
She said: 'There was a wonderful atmosphere in both marquees as businesses chatted to each other and to the visitors.'
The next Town Team event is on April 27, which is the Watton Bikers Event, when anyone with a love of motor bikes and scooters can gather.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer