Plans for 20mph speed limit through new estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been unveiled to make a 20mph zone on a new housing estate in a Norfolk town.
Watton Town Council is being consulted for its views on the proposal by Norfolk County Council to set the speed limit in the town's Saffron Close, off Swaffham Road, to 20mph.
The estate, which was approved in March 2018, will have 23 homes in it with both the entrance and the exit being on Swaffham Road.
The application has been submitted together with S and A Jones Developments who are funding the scheme. The work is part of the planning conditions given to the developers on approval.
In the plans each home with have a space for parking and a garage. The land was previously a parcel of The Old Carpenters Arms which closed in the town in 1956.
The council will discuss the plans at the full council meeting on June 11.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR