Plans for 20mph speed limit through new estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been unveiled to make a 20mph zone on a new housing estate in a Norfolk town.
Watton Town Council is being consulted for its views on the proposal by Norfolk County Council to set the speed limit in the town's Saffron Close, off Swaffham Road, to 20mph.
The estate, which was approved in March 2018, will have 23 homes in it with both the entrance and the exit being on Swaffham Road.
The application has been submitted together with S and A Jones Developments who are funding the scheme. The work is part of the planning conditions given to the developers on approval.
In the plans each home with have a space for parking and a garage. The land was previously a parcel of The Old Carpenters Arms which closed in the town in 1956.
You may also want to watch:
The council will discuss the plans at the full council meeting on June 11.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich