Plans for 20mph speed limit through new estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been unveiled to make a 20mph zone on a new housing estate in a Norfolk town.
Watton Town Council is being consulted for its views on the proposal by Norfolk County Council to set the speed limit in the town's Saffron Close, off Swaffham Road, to 20mph.
The estate, which was approved in March 2018, will have 23 homes in it with both the entrance and the exit being on Swaffham Road.
The application has been submitted together with S and A Jones Developments who are funding the scheme. The work is part of the planning conditions given to the developers on approval.
In the plans each home with have a space for parking and a garage. The land was previously a parcel of The Old Carpenters Arms which closed in the town in 1956.
You may also want to watch:
The council will discuss the plans at the full council meeting on June 11.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 7 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 8 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 9 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack