Plans for 20mph speed limit through new estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been unveiled to make a 20mph zone on a new housing estate in a Norfolk town.
Watton Town Council is being consulted for its views on the proposal by Norfolk County Council to set the speed limit in the town's Saffron Close, off Swaffham Road, to 20mph.
The estate, which was approved in March 2018, will have 23 homes in it with both the entrance and the exit being on Swaffham Road.
The application has been submitted together with S and A Jones Developments who are funding the scheme. The work is part of the planning conditions given to the developers on approval.
In the plans each home with have a space for parking and a garage. The land was previously a parcel of The Old Carpenters Arms which closed in the town in 1956.
You may also want to watch:
The council will discuss the plans at the full council meeting on June 11.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney