Plans for 20mph speed limit through new estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been unveiled to make a 20mph zone on a new housing estate in a Norfolk town.
Watton Town Council is being consulted for its views on the proposal by Norfolk County Council to set the speed limit in the town's Saffron Close, off Swaffham Road, to 20mph.
The estate, which was approved in March 2018, will have 23 homes in it with both the entrance and the exit being on Swaffham Road.
The application has been submitted together with S and A Jones Developments who are funding the scheme. The work is part of the planning conditions given to the developers on approval.
In the plans each home with have a space for parking and a garage. The land was previously a parcel of The Old Carpenters Arms which closed in the town in 1956.
You may also want to watch:
The council will discuss the plans at the full council meeting on June 11.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van