Plans for 20mph speed limit through new estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been unveiled to make a 20mph zone on a new housing estate in a Norfolk town.
Watton Town Council is being consulted for its views on the proposal by Norfolk County Council to set the speed limit in the town's Saffron Close, off Swaffham Road, to 20mph.
The estate, which was approved in March 2018, will have 23 homes in it with both the entrance and the exit being on Swaffham Road.
The application has been submitted together with S and A Jones Developments who are funding the scheme. The work is part of the planning conditions given to the developers on approval.
In the plans each home with have a space for parking and a garage. The land was previously a parcel of The Old Carpenters Arms which closed in the town in 1956.
You may also want to watch:
The council will discuss the plans at the full council meeting on June 11.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 3 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 4 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 7 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 8 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 9 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show