Second bid launched to build homes in town
- Credit: Archant
A developer has resubmitted plans to build homes in a town near where 180 homes have just been approved.
A property in Thetford Road, Watton, would be knocked down to create four in its place.
The homes would be accessed via a private road, with each property featuring its own garden with the site surrounded by current dwellings.
The placement of the homes have been designed to not affect the existing properties.
A design statement, created by EJW Planning, explains the properties would not take long to complete because of the relatively small size of the development.
You may also want to watch:
The same plan was submitted in February last year but was withdrawn to resolve a number of technical issues.
In 2009 permission was granted for five homes on the same site but the work did not take place.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 9 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 10 Nearly 4pc council tax rise for Norfolk as County Hall budget unveiled
In December last year outline planning permission for 180 homes on the same road was approved.