Second bid launched to build homes in town
- Credit: Archant
A developer has resubmitted plans to build homes in a town near where 180 homes have just been approved.
A property in Thetford Road, Watton, would be knocked down to create four in its place.
The homes would be accessed via a private road, with each property featuring its own garden with the site surrounded by current dwellings.
The placement of the homes have been designed to not affect the existing properties.
A design statement, created by EJW Planning, explains the properties would not take long to complete because of the relatively small size of the development.
The same plan was submitted in February last year but was withdrawn to resolve a number of technical issues.
In 2009 permission was granted for five homes on the same site but the work did not take place.
- 1 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 2 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 3 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 4 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
In December last year outline planning permission for 180 homes on the same road was approved.