Second bid launched to build homes in town
- Credit: Archant
A developer has resubmitted plans to build homes in a town near where 180 homes have just been approved.
A property in Thetford Road, Watton, would be knocked down to create four in its place.
The homes would be accessed via a private road, with each property featuring its own garden with the site surrounded by current dwellings.
The placement of the homes have been designed to not affect the existing properties.
A design statement, created by EJW Planning, explains the properties would not take long to complete because of the relatively small size of the development.
You may also want to watch:
The same plan was submitted in February last year but was withdrawn to resolve a number of technical issues.
In 2009 permission was granted for five homes on the same site but the work did not take place.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 3 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
In December last year outline planning permission for 180 homes on the same road was approved.