Second bid launched to build homes in town
- Credit: Archant
A developer has resubmitted plans to build homes in a town near where 180 homes have just been approved.
A property in Thetford Road, Watton, would be knocked down to create four in its place.
The homes would be accessed via a private road, with each property featuring its own garden with the site surrounded by current dwellings.
The placement of the homes have been designed to not affect the existing properties.
A design statement, created by EJW Planning, explains the properties would not take long to complete because of the relatively small size of the development.
You may also want to watch:
The same plan was submitted in February last year but was withdrawn to resolve a number of technical issues.
In 2009 permission was granted for five homes on the same site but the work did not take place.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Zoom and online magic - how lockdown changed children's entertainment
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
In December last year outline planning permission for 180 homes on the same road was approved.