Second bid launched to build homes in town
- Credit: Archant
A developer has resubmitted plans to build homes in a town near where 180 homes have just been approved.
A property in Thetford Road, Watton, would be knocked down to create four in its place.
The homes would be accessed via a private road, with each property featuring its own garden with the site surrounded by current dwellings.
The placement of the homes have been designed to not affect the existing properties.
A design statement, created by EJW Planning, explains the properties would not take long to complete because of the relatively small size of the development.
The same plan was submitted in February last year but was withdrawn to resolve a number of technical issues.
In 2009 permission was granted for five homes on the same site but the work did not take place.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Confusion at lack of walk-in Covid-19 booster jab centres in Norfolk
- 9 Former convent sold for £400,000 and could be converted into family home
- 10 Man thanks care home for 'saving my life' after beating alcohol addiction
In December last year outline planning permission for 180 homes on the same road was approved.