Gardeners prepare to welcome visitors as town holds first open gardens event
- Credit: Archant
Watton will hold its first open gardens and yard sale event this weekend.
Organised by the town council, 25 gardens across the town will welcome visitors to admire their gardens or pick up a bargain for sale.
Taking place on both Saturday and Sunday, proceeds raised from the inaugural open gardens will be shared between the Mayor of Watton's charities.
Councillor Keith Gilbert, whose partner Rita Lake put forward the idea for the event, said: 'We hope people will come out and enjoy the town. Gardeners love to show off their gardens and see other gardens.
'If it goes well hopefully we can have a bigger event next year and hold it annually.'
You may also want to watch:
Each garden taking part will be marked with a sign and balloons.
Free programmes with a map of the gardens will be available at the gardens taking part or from Tesco between 10am and 2pm on both days. Gardens will be open from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 5 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 6 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road