Gardeners prepare to welcome visitors as town holds first open gardens event
- Credit: Archant
Watton will hold its first open gardens and yard sale event this weekend.
Organised by the town council, 25 gardens across the town will welcome visitors to admire their gardens or pick up a bargain for sale.
Taking place on both Saturday and Sunday, proceeds raised from the inaugural open gardens will be shared between the Mayor of Watton's charities.
Councillor Keith Gilbert, whose partner Rita Lake put forward the idea for the event, said: 'We hope people will come out and enjoy the town. Gardeners love to show off their gardens and see other gardens.
'If it goes well hopefully we can have a bigger event next year and hold it annually.'
You may also want to watch:
Each garden taking part will be marked with a sign and balloons.
Free programmes with a map of the gardens will be available at the gardens taking part or from Tesco between 10am and 2pm on both days. Gardens will be open from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral