Gardeners prepare to welcome visitors as town holds first open gardens event
- Credit: Archant
Watton will hold its first open gardens and yard sale event this weekend.
Organised by the town council, 25 gardens across the town will welcome visitors to admire their gardens or pick up a bargain for sale.
Taking place on both Saturday and Sunday, proceeds raised from the inaugural open gardens will be shared between the Mayor of Watton's charities.
Councillor Keith Gilbert, whose partner Rita Lake put forward the idea for the event, said: 'We hope people will come out and enjoy the town. Gardeners love to show off their gardens and see other gardens.
'If it goes well hopefully we can have a bigger event next year and hold it annually.'
You may also want to watch:
Each garden taking part will be marked with a sign and balloons.
Free programmes with a map of the gardens will be available at the gardens taking part or from Tesco between 10am and 2pm on both days. Gardens will be open from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out