Gardeners prepare to welcome visitors as town holds first open gardens event
- Credit: Archant
Watton will hold its first open gardens and yard sale event this weekend.
Organised by the town council, 25 gardens across the town will welcome visitors to admire their gardens or pick up a bargain for sale.
Taking place on both Saturday and Sunday, proceeds raised from the inaugural open gardens will be shared between the Mayor of Watton's charities.
Councillor Keith Gilbert, whose partner Rita Lake put forward the idea for the event, said: 'We hope people will come out and enjoy the town. Gardeners love to show off their gardens and see other gardens.
'If it goes well hopefully we can have a bigger event next year and hold it annually.'
You may also want to watch:
Each garden taking part will be marked with a sign and balloons.
Free programmes with a map of the gardens will be available at the gardens taking part or from Tesco between 10am and 2pm on both days. Gardens will be open from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk