Watton mayor celebrates a year in office
- Credit: Archant
A town mayor's year in office has been celebrated after she raised more than £6,000 for charity.
Watton Mayor Tina Kiddell was joined by members from every part of the community to take part in the civic reception at Queens Hall.
Ms Kiddell said: 'This year has been all about working together and forging new friendships and bringing our community together to work towards a brighter future for Watton.'
Beat managers PC Austin Clarke and PC Ed Arbuthnot along with engagement officer Paula Guilley joined the reception and spoke to the community about police work.
Ms Kiddell added: 'Part of my mayor's year is to raise money for my chosen charities, these were, The daisy programme, and the Watton Sports Association.
You may also want to watch:
'We managed to raise a staggering amount of £6,670 to be shared between the two charities.'
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van