Watton mayor celebrates a year in office
- Credit: Archant
A town mayor's year in office has been celebrated after she raised more than £6,000 for charity.
Watton Mayor Tina Kiddell was joined by members from every part of the community to take part in the civic reception at Queens Hall.
Ms Kiddell said: 'This year has been all about working together and forging new friendships and bringing our community together to work towards a brighter future for Watton.'
Beat managers PC Austin Clarke and PC Ed Arbuthnot along with engagement officer Paula Guilley joined the reception and spoke to the community about police work.
Ms Kiddell added: 'Part of my mayor's year is to raise money for my chosen charities, these were, The daisy programme, and the Watton Sports Association.
'We managed to raise a staggering amount of £6,670 to be shared between the two charities.'
- 1 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 8 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 9 Public toilets unusable after been vandalised four times in a week
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?