Watton mayor celebrates a year in office
- Credit: Archant
A town mayor's year in office has been celebrated after she raised more than £6,000 for charity.
Watton Mayor Tina Kiddell was joined by members from every part of the community to take part in the civic reception at Queens Hall.
Ms Kiddell said: 'This year has been all about working together and forging new friendships and bringing our community together to work towards a brighter future for Watton.'
Beat managers PC Austin Clarke and PC Ed Arbuthnot along with engagement officer Paula Guilley joined the reception and spoke to the community about police work.
Ms Kiddell added: 'Part of my mayor's year is to raise money for my chosen charities, these were, The daisy programme, and the Watton Sports Association.
You may also want to watch:
'We managed to raise a staggering amount of £6,670 to be shared between the two charities.'
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk