Watton mayor celebrates a year in office
- Credit: Archant
A town mayor's year in office has been celebrated after she raised more than £6,000 for charity.
Watton Mayor Tina Kiddell was joined by members from every part of the community to take part in the civic reception at Queens Hall.
Ms Kiddell said: 'This year has been all about working together and forging new friendships and bringing our community together to work towards a brighter future for Watton.'
Beat managers PC Austin Clarke and PC Ed Arbuthnot along with engagement officer Paula Guilley joined the reception and spoke to the community about police work.
Ms Kiddell added: 'Part of my mayor's year is to raise money for my chosen charities, these were, The daisy programme, and the Watton Sports Association.
You may also want to watch:
'We managed to raise a staggering amount of £6,670 to be shared between the two charities.'
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region