Organisation donates money and a teddy bear to EACH
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) has received a donation towards its £10m appeal to fundraise for a new Norfolk hospice.
The Inner Wheel Club of Watton donated £1,510 to EACH's nook appeal.
They money was raised during club president Lesley Cowling's year in office.
During fundraising, Rocky the teddy bear was an ever-present mascot.
Tal Williams, EACH Community Fundraiser for the nook, recently attended a club meeting to receive the proceeds from their efforts.
Rocky was also handed over in the hope he could continue his work in other places around the county.
Tal said: 'We'd like to say a big thank you to the Inner Wheel Club of Watton and Rocky, of course, for all their fabulous efforts supporting the nook appeal.
- 1 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 2 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 5 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 6 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
'Support of community organisations like this is absolutely vital now, with building of the nook well under way but still almost £2 million to raise.'