Organisation donates money and a teddy bear to EACH
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) has received a donation towards its £10m appeal to fundraise for a new Norfolk hospice.
The Inner Wheel Club of Watton donated £1,510 to EACH's nook appeal.
They money was raised during club president Lesley Cowling's year in office.
During fundraising, Rocky the teddy bear was an ever-present mascot.
Tal Williams, EACH Community Fundraiser for the nook, recently attended a club meeting to receive the proceeds from their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Rocky was also handed over in the hope he could continue his work in other places around the county.
Tal said: 'We'd like to say a big thank you to the Inner Wheel Club of Watton and Rocky, of course, for all their fabulous efforts supporting the nook appeal.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
'Support of community organisations like this is absolutely vital now, with building of the nook well under way but still almost £2 million to raise.'