Organisation donates money and a teddy bear to EACH
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) has received a donation towards its £10m appeal to fundraise for a new Norfolk hospice.
The Inner Wheel Club of Watton donated £1,510 to EACH's nook appeal.
They money was raised during club president Lesley Cowling's year in office.
During fundraising, Rocky the teddy bear was an ever-present mascot.
Tal Williams, EACH Community Fundraiser for the nook, recently attended a club meeting to receive the proceeds from their efforts.
Rocky was also handed over in the hope he could continue his work in other places around the county.
Tal said: 'We'd like to say a big thank you to the Inner Wheel Club of Watton and Rocky, of course, for all their fabulous efforts supporting the nook appeal.
- 1 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 2 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 5 Outdoor nativity village with live animals at Norfolk church
- 6 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 7 Festive cheer returns to Watton streets at Christmas event
- 8 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 9 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 10 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
'Support of community organisations like this is absolutely vital now, with building of the nook well under way but still almost £2 million to raise.'