Families turn out in force for colourful Watton Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Watton turned every shade of colour as life in the town was celebrated with events and a carnival procession.
The day provided an opportunity for charities, organisations and businesses to raise awareness and fundraise while also offering families free attractions and activities. This year's theme for Watton Carnival was the Festival of Colour with organisers inviting people to dress up.
Carnival chairman Steve Jolly said there was even an on-stage proposal after a last-minute call from a man who wanted to pop the question to his girlfriend at the carnival.
Mr Jolly said: "This is a free event for everyone, which is really nice, especially if times are a bit hard. Parents can come for an afternoon out with their kids and it will not cost them a fortune."
A parade of colour and music made its way down the high street headed by The Phoenix Pipes and Drums, with police, heritage vehicles and the carnival prince and princess following.
As well as a number of activities youngsters had the opportunity to see goats, sheep and ponies at a petting farm.
- Do you know the couple who got engaged at the Watton Carnival? Let us know - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Council saluted by RSPCA for its care of stray animals