Families turn out in force for colourful Watton Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Watton turned every shade of colour as life in the town was celebrated with events and a carnival procession.
The day provided an opportunity for charities, organisations and businesses to raise awareness and fundraise while also offering families free attractions and activities. This year's theme for Watton Carnival was the Festival of Colour with organisers inviting people to dress up.
Carnival chairman Steve Jolly said there was even an on-stage proposal after a last-minute call from a man who wanted to pop the question to his girlfriend at the carnival.
Mr Jolly said: "This is a free event for everyone, which is really nice, especially if times are a bit hard. Parents can come for an afternoon out with their kids and it will not cost them a fortune."
A parade of colour and music made its way down the high street headed by The Phoenix Pipes and Drums, with police, heritage vehicles and the carnival prince and princess following.
You may also want to watch:
As well as a number of activities youngsters had the opportunity to see goats, sheep and ponies at a petting farm.
- Do you know the couple who got engaged at the Watton Carnival? Let us know - email email@example.com.
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months