Families turn out in force for colourful Watton Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Watton turned every shade of colour as life in the town was celebrated with events and a carnival procession.
The day provided an opportunity for charities, organisations and businesses to raise awareness and fundraise while also offering families free attractions and activities. This year's theme for Watton Carnival was the Festival of Colour with organisers inviting people to dress up.
Carnival chairman Steve Jolly said there was even an on-stage proposal after a last-minute call from a man who wanted to pop the question to his girlfriend at the carnival.
Mr Jolly said: "This is a free event for everyone, which is really nice, especially if times are a bit hard. Parents can come for an afternoon out with their kids and it will not cost them a fortune."
A parade of colour and music made its way down the high street headed by The Phoenix Pipes and Drums, with police, heritage vehicles and the carnival prince and princess following.
You may also want to watch:
As well as a number of activities youngsters had the opportunity to see goats, sheep and ponies at a petting farm.
- Do you know the couple who got engaged at the Watton Carnival? Let us know - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village