Pictures show destruction caused by bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
These pictures released by the Norfolk Fire Service have revealed the extensive damage to a bungalow that was gutted by fire.
Crews from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, East Harling and an aerial ladder from King's Lynn were called to Hamilton Close, Watton, at 1.15am on Monday.
A woman at the bungalow, believed to be in her 60s, was able to escape the blaze before the emergency services arrived as she was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
The pictures show the kitchen and front of the property which have been destroyed by the blaze.
A fire services spokesman said: "A smoke alarm saved another life.
"Crews were faced with a blaze in the early hours, they acted quickly and worked hard to evacuate neighbours and stop a well developed fire from spreading in to an adjoining home.
"Please make sure you have working smoke alarms."
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Mother determined to use baby heartbreak to help other families
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 7 The slower you go, the more of Norfolk you can see
- 8 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 9 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 10 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
A neighbour said she was woken by firefighters banging on her door and was forced to leave her home as they dealt with the blaze.
Firefighters left the scene at 3.12am.