Pictures show destruction caused by bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
These pictures released by the Norfolk Fire Service have revealed the extensive damage to a bungalow that was gutted by fire.
Crews from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, East Harling and an aerial ladder from King's Lynn were called to Hamilton Close, Watton, at 1.15am on Monday.
A woman at the bungalow, believed to be in her 60s, was able to escape the blaze before the emergency services arrived as she was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
The pictures show the kitchen and front of the property which have been destroyed by the blaze.
A fire services spokesman said: "A smoke alarm saved another life.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews were faced with a blaze in the early hours, they acted quickly and worked hard to evacuate neighbours and stop a well developed fire from spreading in to an adjoining home.
"Please make sure you have working smoke alarms."
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
A neighbour said she was woken by firefighters banging on her door and was forced to leave her home as they dealt with the blaze.
Firefighters left the scene at 3.12am.