Pictures show destruction caused by bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
These pictures released by the Norfolk Fire Service have revealed the extensive damage to a bungalow that was gutted by fire.
Crews from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, East Harling and an aerial ladder from King's Lynn were called to Hamilton Close, Watton, at 1.15am on Monday.
A woman at the bungalow, believed to be in her 60s, was able to escape the blaze before the emergency services arrived as she was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
The pictures show the kitchen and front of the property which have been destroyed by the blaze.
A fire services spokesman said: "A smoke alarm saved another life.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews were faced with a blaze in the early hours, they acted quickly and worked hard to evacuate neighbours and stop a well developed fire from spreading in to an adjoining home.
"Please make sure you have working smoke alarms."
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 4 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 9 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 10 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
A neighbour said she was woken by firefighters banging on her door and was forced to leave her home as they dealt with the blaze.
Firefighters left the scene at 3.12am.