Pictures show destruction caused by bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
These pictures released by the Norfolk Fire Service have revealed the extensive damage to a bungalow that was gutted by fire.
Crews from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, East Harling and an aerial ladder from King's Lynn were called to Hamilton Close, Watton, at 1.15am on Monday.
A woman at the bungalow, believed to be in her 60s, was able to escape the blaze before the emergency services arrived as she was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
The pictures show the kitchen and front of the property which have been destroyed by the blaze.
A fire services spokesman said: "A smoke alarm saved another life.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews were faced with a blaze in the early hours, they acted quickly and worked hard to evacuate neighbours and stop a well developed fire from spreading in to an adjoining home.
"Please make sure you have working smoke alarms."
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 6 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 8 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
A neighbour said she was woken by firefighters banging on her door and was forced to leave her home as they dealt with the blaze.
Firefighters left the scene at 3.12am.