Royal British Legion branch recognised for Poppy Appeal contributions
A Royal British Legion (RBL) branch has been presented with an award for its contributions to the Poppy Appeal.
Watton and District RBL won the Sir Thomas Cook Challenge Cup for the highest increase in funds collected for the appeal by a small branch for 2016/2017.
The award from the Royal British Legion was presented by the county chairman John Boisson to Watton RBL's Poppy Appeal organiser Pat Murphy.
Since the award, the branch has had a revival and is now considered to be a large branch, with membership nearly doubling in two years.
There are currently close to 60 members.
You may also want to watch:
The branch meets on the third Tuesday of every month from 7pm at the Blenheim Centre on Tedder Close, Watton.
For more information contact branch secretary Helen Daly by calling 01953 885124 or email email@example.com
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple