Warning over bogus caller in Swaffham
Householders are being warned after a man posing as a police officer called at a house in Swaffham.The man called at the house in Coronation Grove at about 12.
Householders are being warned after a man posing as a police officer called at a house in Swaffham.
The man called at the house in Coronation Grove at about 12.30pm on Thursday, claiming to work for the police, and asked the householder if he could check the locks on her windows.
He also asked the woman if he could look at her money to show her how to recognise forged notes.
The man was described as white, aged between 40 and 50 years old, and of large build. He had a bald head, was clean shaven and wore a dark jacket and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to have shown the householder some form of identification but it was not clear. He left empty handed on foot in the direction of Main Road.
Police are linking this incident to two others in the Yarmouth area in the last few days, and would like to speak to anyone who may recognise the description of this man or who may have been approached in a similar manner.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
They would also like to remind householders that any officer will always show their identification when calling at an address. If any member of the public has doubt about their identity they should call the police on 0845 4564567.