Club to cycle 100 miles for bereavement charity after member’s family tragedy
- Credit: Archant
A cycle club is riding 100 miles for a children's bereavement charity after a member's partner died too young.
The VeloWatton cycle club will be riding in aid of Nelson's Journey on June 22.
Club member Suzanne Jode's young family were devastated by the death of their father in 2012 and grandmother in 2014.
Kiera, 13 is now a volunteer on the Nelson's Journey youth panel and her 10-year-old brother will be joining the youth consultation group.
Mrs Jode said: 'We are hoping to spread awareness of the charity and money for them to continue to help other children with their bereavement journey.'
You may also want to watch:
The ride will be sponsored by various companies from the area, including Carbrooke Cars and Halsbury Homes.
Mrs Jode is fundraising through JustGiving.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 8 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk