Club to cycle 100 miles for bereavement charity after member’s family tragedy
- Credit: Archant
A cycle club is riding 100 miles for a children's bereavement charity after a member's partner died too young.
The VeloWatton cycle club will be riding in aid of Nelson's Journey on June 22.
Club member Suzanne Jode's young family were devastated by the death of their father in 2012 and grandmother in 2014.
Kiera, 13 is now a volunteer on the Nelson's Journey youth panel and her 10-year-old brother will be joining the youth consultation group.
Mrs Jode said: 'We are hoping to spread awareness of the charity and money for them to continue to help other children with their bereavement journey.'
You may also want to watch:
The ride will be sponsored by various companies from the area, including Carbrooke Cars and Halsbury Homes.
Mrs Jode is fundraising through JustGiving.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 8 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent