Club to cycle 100 miles for bereavement charity after member’s family tragedy
- Credit: Archant
A cycle club is riding 100 miles for a children's bereavement charity after a member's partner died too young.
The VeloWatton cycle club will be riding in aid of Nelson's Journey on June 22.
Club member Suzanne Jode's young family were devastated by the death of their father in 2012 and grandmother in 2014.
Kiera, 13 is now a volunteer on the Nelson's Journey youth panel and her 10-year-old brother will be joining the youth consultation group.
Mrs Jode said: 'We are hoping to spread awareness of the charity and money for them to continue to help other children with their bereavement journey.'
You may also want to watch:
The ride will be sponsored by various companies from the area, including Carbrooke Cars and Halsbury Homes.
Mrs Jode is fundraising through JustGiving.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 10 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play