Club to cycle 100 miles for bereavement charity after member’s family tragedy
- Credit: Archant
A cycle club is riding 100 miles for a children's bereavement charity after a member's partner died too young.
The VeloWatton cycle club will be riding in aid of Nelson's Journey on June 22.
Club member Suzanne Jode's young family were devastated by the death of their father in 2012 and grandmother in 2014.
Kiera, 13 is now a volunteer on the Nelson's Journey youth panel and her 10-year-old brother will be joining the youth consultation group.
Mrs Jode said: 'We are hoping to spread awareness of the charity and money for them to continue to help other children with their bereavement journey.'
You may also want to watch:
The ride will be sponsored by various companies from the area, including Carbrooke Cars and Halsbury Homes.
Mrs Jode is fundraising through JustGiving.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters