Update: Police appeal for witnesses after man dies in crash near Watton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal crash near Watton.
Officers were called to reports of a collision between a Volkswagen Golf and a Vauxhall Meriva at around 6pm last night (Thursday, February 12) on the B1108 Norwich Road, close to the junction with Mill Lane, at Carbrooke.
A man in his 70s, who was driving the Meriva, died as a result of the crash while the passenger suffered shoulder and arm injuries.
The two people in the Golf sustained injuries, which are not thought to be life threatening or life changing and were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for treatment.
The road was closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene and diversions were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations are underway to determine the circumstances of the crash and witnesses are asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary's serious collision investigation team on 101.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Watton, Hingham and Attleborough also attended and extricated three people from vehicles using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
The East of England Ambulance Service sent three ambulances, a critical care rapid response car and the air ambulance to the scene.