Unveiling date for Swaffham plan
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.
Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
Its publication will mark the end of more than two years worth of work by the town group and officers at Swaffham Town Council who, by planning strategically, hope to improve the social, economic and environmental quality of life for people in the town.
Last year the group published survey reports which offered a comprehensive analysis of the town, its people, economy, history, built environment and more.
The four weighty documents have now been used to develop a strategy for the future.
The town plan project has already received praise from many and other towns are expected to look at the results with a view to emulating the strategy.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 3 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 4 Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! UK's top town crier crowned in Norfolk
- 5 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 6 Classic car show returns with vintage motorbikes and 'auto jumble' sale
- 7 A47 near Swaffham reopens after crash
- 8 Property: How do the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Motorcyclist who died in crash with minivan named
- 10 Interim parish council takes office after mass resignations
In January Mark Stanton, head of economic development at Breckland Council held up the work done by the town group as an outstanding example of what towns need to do to revive their fortunes and attract inward investment.