Unveiling date for Swaffham plan
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.
Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
Its publication will mark the end of more than two years worth of work by the town group and officers at Swaffham Town Council who, by planning strategically, hope to improve the social, economic and environmental quality of life for people in the town.
Last year the group published survey reports which offered a comprehensive analysis of the town, its people, economy, history, built environment and more.
You may also want to watch:
The four weighty documents have now been used to develop a strategy for the future.
The town plan project has already received praise from many and other towns are expected to look at the results with a view to emulating the strategy.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
In January Mark Stanton, head of economic development at Breckland Council held up the work done by the town group as an outstanding example of what towns need to do to revive their fortunes and attract inward investment.