Unveiling date for Swaffham plan
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.
Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
Its publication will mark the end of more than two years worth of work by the town group and officers at Swaffham Town Council who, by planning strategically, hope to improve the social, economic and environmental quality of life for people in the town.
Last year the group published survey reports which offered a comprehensive analysis of the town, its people, economy, history, built environment and more.
You may also want to watch:
The four weighty documents have now been used to develop a strategy for the future.
The town plan project has already received praise from many and other towns are expected to look at the results with a view to emulating the strategy.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 7 Motorcyclist in critical condition following A134 crash
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Norfolk firm tops fundraising target for children's hospices
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
In January Mark Stanton, head of economic development at Breckland Council held up the work done by the town group as an outstanding example of what towns need to do to revive their fortunes and attract inward investment.