Unveiling date for Swaffham plan
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.
Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
Its publication will mark the end of more than two years worth of work by the town group and officers at Swaffham Town Council who, by planning strategically, hope to improve the social, economic and environmental quality of life for people in the town.
Last year the group published survey reports which offered a comprehensive analysis of the town, its people, economy, history, built environment and more.
You may also want to watch:
The four weighty documents have now been used to develop a strategy for the future.
The town plan project has already received praise from many and other towns are expected to look at the results with a view to emulating the strategy.
- 1 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 7 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
In January Mark Stanton, head of economic development at Breckland Council held up the work done by the town group as an outstanding example of what towns need to do to revive their fortunes and attract inward investment.