Unveiling date for Swaffham plan
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
A long awaited strategy designed to help Swaffham thrive in the coming decades is to be published next month.
Swaffham's Town Plan will be unveiled at the annual town assembly on April 22.
Its publication will mark the end of more than two years worth of work by the town group and officers at Swaffham Town Council who, by planning strategically, hope to improve the social, economic and environmental quality of life for people in the town.
Last year the group published survey reports which offered a comprehensive analysis of the town, its people, economy, history, built environment and more.
You may also want to watch:
The four weighty documents have now been used to develop a strategy for the future.
The town plan project has already received praise from many and other towns are expected to look at the results with a view to emulating the strategy.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
In January Mark Stanton, head of economic development at Breckland Council held up the work done by the town group as an outstanding example of what towns need to do to revive their fortunes and attract inward investment.