Swaffham Road to close for over a month due to roadworks
- Credit: Google
A road in Swaffham will be closed for more than a month at the start of next year.
Theatre Street will be closed in order for pavement maintenance work to take place between January 4, 2022, and February 15, 2022.
To complete the work, the road will be closed to traffic between the Theatre Street car park and Haspalls Road for the duration of the works.
The existing worn-out path surface will be removed and replaced with a new level asphalt surface at a cost of £51,000.
The one-way system will be temporarily changed to allow two-way traffic between the entrance of the car park and Cley Road.
The car park will remain open throughout and diversion routes will be in place.
Access to homes and businesses will be kept open although there may be some delays while work takes place in front of driveways.
- 1 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 2 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 7 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
A spokesman for Norfolk County Council, which will be carrying out the work, thanked people for their patience while the work is carried out.